Gutho knee issues

Nrl Physio reporting that Gutho has been getting his knee drained of fluid and dealing with soreness and swelling in the knee he had surgery on. Obviously not a good sign and he's not close to 100%. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Simonsson for me and just slot Sivo back on the wing.

• If gutho knee is gone then move him into the front line. Move someone else to fb. Carty is injured and should be rested.

• Could easily move Sean Russell or Talagi to Fb and try Gutho at 6 if the knee is bothering him. Shall see

• Agree! Everyone said Russell was a good fb coming through. Interesting to note cini has been moved to Fb in Reggies 

• As an academic, I feel I'm an expert in knowing when "it's all academic". And in the case of Gutho, it's all academic, he is clearly busted, evident in his grimacing and in the fact he is not running any sweep plays. Also a case of "it's all academic" is that an Eels backline without Moses and Gutho, and backup Asi out and Sivo dropped, is simply put an accident waiting to happen. We already had very little backline depth. We are staring down a debutant half of debutant fullback or both, and Reggie's have been hopeless, so our debutants or 2-3 gamers won't be setting anything on fire, except maybe our chances of avoiding the spoon. Manly is going to sweep to the edges and wings and Eels and we may be in for a cricket score. 

• Im pretty certain the plan is to play lomax at fullback at some point at a relatively early stage of his contract. Could be next year could be year after 

• Note Talagi is out of the Reggie's side for the Sunday game. Withdrawn due to injury or to avoid injury and he replaces Asi in Round 7?

• He was not even named for Reggies in the first place.

• Gutho will not want to miss a game but perhaps the club just needs to step in and give him a two week break. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Wild_Eels replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"It is not that simple. Even there is a clause and BA is sacked. Where they gonna go? First BA has to go to another club and then if that club has space under their salary or not. A lot of ifs buts. "
56 seconds ago
Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Muttman, there are two NRL men of ours who qualify with those skill sets. Both Peter Wynn and Michael Cronin played at the highest level and have run successful businesses post football. Both played under Jack Gibson so know what it takes to make a…"
5 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst posted a discussion
Would you fans be happy for BA to get the sack even the main players have a clause to leave if BA is sacked? I'm hearing Moses, Gutho and DBrown who has a options for the next 30yrs have these clauses in their contracts. Almost guarantee they…
5 minutes ago
Seraph replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"My educated guess would be money and be someone from the leagues club to play along and not rock the boat. "
6 minutes ago
More…