Gutho knee issues

Nrl Physio reporting that Gutho has been getting his knee drained of fluid and dealing with soreness and swelling in the knee he had surgery on. Obviously not a good sign and he's not close to 100%. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Simonsson for me and just slot Sivo back on the wing.

• If gutho knee is gone then move him into the front line. Move someone else to fb. Carty is injured and should be rested.

• Could easily move Sean Russell or Talagi to Fb and try Gutho at 6 if the knee is bothering him. Shall see

• Agree! Everyone said Russell was a good fb coming through. Interesting to note cini has been moved to Fb in Reggies 

• As an academic, I feel I'm an expert in knowing when "it's all academic". And in the case of Gutho, it's all academic, he is clearly busted, evident in his grimacing and in the fact he is not running any sweep plays. Also a case of "it's all academic" is that an Eels backline without Moses and Gutho, and backup Asi out and Sivo dropped, is simply put an accident waiting to happen. We already had very little backline depth. We are staring down a debutant half of debutant fullback or both, and Reggie's have been hopeless, so our debutants or 2-3 gamers won't be setting anything on fire, except maybe our chances of avoiding the spoon. Manly is going to sweep to the edges and wings and Eels and we may be in for a cricket score. 

• Im pretty certain the plan is to play lomax at fullback at some point at a relatively early stage of his contract. Could be next year could be year after 

• Note Talagi is out of the Reggie's side for the Sunday game. Withdrawn due to injury or to avoid injury and he replaces Asi in Round 7?

• He was not even named for Reggies in the first place.

• Gutho will not want to miss a game but perhaps the club just needs to step in and give him a two week break. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

eel_fan_boy replied to Inside Info's discussion Who is D.Brown referring to
"Good point. possibly a case of mistaken identity then."
3 minutes ago
LB replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Well it makes sense how 2025 he is off-contract with a lot of other players too. Now you can say all coaches do that, true but not up to 10 or so players.
He did same in 2022."
3 minutes ago
Last place replied to Inside Info's discussion Who is D.Brown referring to
"I believe it was 100% footy"
4 minutes ago
Last place replied to Inside Info's discussion Who is D.Brown referring to
"Dylan was wasted the day before a game in Darwin, when he wasn't even in the state. "
11 minutes ago
More…