Goal Kicking

How can you have a first grade professional team that can't kick a single goal? At half time we should have been up 20-6! In rugby the dudes can slot it for anywhere.

for the love of god! Get the entire backline after every training session and get them to kick at goal. We didn't even get near the goals! It's embarrassing 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sure Gutho is not good. But what about brown? Penisini?

goal kicking is basically 2 free points and unless we score under the dot we can't get the points ?! That's crazy! Have you watched rugby? The dudes can get it 60 meters from the sideline 

how do you not have the whole team training g for goal kicking ? Points on the table! You shouldn't have one kicker you should have 6! Get the whole team to do goal kicking training.

if we kicked goals tonight we win

• You're not serious right?, so you think anyone can be a good goal kicker if they practice?, mate he is our 2nd string goal kicker who usually kicks at a better than average % but currently has a knee injury.  Not too many teams would have a 3rd option kicker that would be any good.

• Yes I do. It's not that hard to do. You get a tee, you put the ball on it you kick it.

have you watched rugby? The dudes can kick it from past half way on the sideline. It's a totally trainable skill. The steps are all replicable. Gutho got no where near the goals, that embarrassing.

its the equivalent of a soccer player missing the goals from a penalty. Not get blocked by the goalie, but blasting it 15 meters wide.

there is zero excuse for not having a kicker that can't even get 1 form 4. 

line up the whole friggen team. Higher a rugby kicker, and get them kicking. It's a totally solvable problem. 

NFL have a dedicated kicking team. A goal kick is worth half a try and we don't even have a dude that can get close, and this has been identified years ago. 

• For a start a rugby ball is not the same shape as a league ball it is a little rounder as kicking is more a part of that game.  

• Not that much difference really.

12436369065?profile=RESIZE_930x

• A rugby ball is a lot easier to kick than a league ball, that is why you see rugby kickers kicking them with ease from half way, even field goals from half way.

• We should have a backup kicker. I guess they are attending to that by getting Lomax for next year. Doesn't help us this year but. None of Gutho's kicks looked even close, but he does have a bum knee admittedly.

Apparently Sanders can kick goals. Why didn't we give the kid a go?

• Gutho didn't even get close! Surely that is identified in training. Sea Eagles would have been behind 20-6 at half time if we could kick. Changes the whole game.

how can you miss this? Free 2 points if you just train someone up. The whole backline should be able to kick goals with competition to be the best kicker 

• All our kicks were from the sideline, even the best kickers miss more than they get from the sideline.

• The goal kicking cost us badly today. If you are an opponent what looks better, being down 20-6 at half time or being down 14-6?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"My biggest concern is our pathways.
We aren't seeing the transference and consistency throughout the grades from top to bottom.With our catchment area as big as it is we are miles off from becoming a powerhouse.The FG results a microcosm of what the…"
40 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parra Should Swoop On McNamara If Bennett Heads To Souths
"Exactly how long Parra needs him to stay."
1 hour ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"There won't be a few wins for a while."
1 hour ago
BEM replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Great write up once again HOE.

R10: Broncos at Commbank
R11: Storm at Suncorp
R12: Rabbits at Accor
R13: Sharks at Commbank
R14: Dogs at Accor
R15: Roosters at Commbank

I honestly can't see where a win will come in the next 6 weeks.
I see us…"
5 hours ago
More…