Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels

Tonight we see the battle of Brooky with the Eels again up against Manly, but this time on their turf and with a no doubt strong sense of redemption after a controversial win for the Eels a few weeks ago. Sanders makes his debut in a massive game, particularly for our boys. I have a feeling that we are going to get our arses handed to us tonight and face another week of media scrutiny and talk about BA in general.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

Go you Eels!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mate you couldn't have scored them lol. He makes them look easy but there is no easy try in the nrl.

There are wingers I would take over him too but they aren't in our squad. If the team is going well he fits in as a finisher and generally decent player under the high  ball. I'm not saying he's an all time great but he has a place in a team that's travelling well. 

• Cmon Michael... you know nothing of my try scoring ability! I'm on about my 12th can tonight and I reckon I could still catch a footy, take 3 steps and put it down... that covers most of his tries. You don't think catching a ball, running a couple of steps to an open line uncontested is an easy try?

We'll never agree on this bloke... other than maybe to say he does some good, he does some absolutely stupid and he's polarising.

I'm off for another beer then maybe to the park next door to practice my put downs...

• Haha ok if you can do it without stupidly elbowing that annoying Garrick prick in the face maybe you get picked next week 

• Seriously?

The one he fucked up last week was far easier than any of Sivo's try's tonight.

• Yes seriously. Attention to detail is critical. You're advocating for a guy who gets suspended regularly, makes poor defensive reads regularly, is very limited in his kick returns, is very limited in his lost contact metres. I get that there's not much behind him at the Eels but it stil doesn't mean he's worthy of the jersey. The bloke is an imposter. 

• Russell could not have finished those if he was the only bloke on the paddock. Sivo just needs to do what the rest do and say he was racially sledged. But I'll stand by my claim that we see that shit week in week out and it doesn't even get a second look.  Literally just saw a replay of DCE with his forearm across Guthersons neck giving it to him . 

we went out tonight to play tough footy with some niggle and the referee wasn't having any part in it. It was so unparramatta like it stood out. If that's Luai and the Panthers the referees woudve let it slide as it's a Penrith style. 

• Ok not Russel. Let's say Tago. Or Martin. Sivo is not the only bloke in the club who can stroll 5m and put the ball down 

• I'm with Mutts , the dope scores tries but he has let in just as many as he has scored , he is a very very dumb player who does just as many bad things as he does good.

You want a winger who does more good than bad and that is not Sivo  .

• Wingers don't generally win or lose you games - albeit tonight he did something very stupid. He's a good finisher and if the team is going well he makes my best team. We need to add another class backline player. 

• They had a crack tonight. But seriously, how do we not have a 2nd string kicker at the club? We left about 8 points out there just from conversions, Garrick potted every one of theirs. Some of the brain explosions may not have occurred if we were actually ahead on the scoreboard.

If only we could get Lomax now!

We have Bronco's and Storm up next. Holy sheet. This may get very ugly unless Moses has a miraculous recovery.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hugo replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Carlo 100 % right. BA only knows one way to coach and that is to stack the team with big hulking forwards and try to bash holes through the middle. The game has moved on from that but BA still believes that the crash plays are the future. Meanwhile…"
31 seconds ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Lots of those stats highlight the fact we don't have the smarts around us . When we are in a good place either metaphorically ( after a win) or " field position" we don't have someone with creative or flexible strategies to take advantage of the…"
18 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"My biggest concern is our pathways.
We aren't seeing the transference and consistency throughout the grades from top to bottom.With our catchment area as big as it is we are miles off from becoming a powerhouse.The FG results a microcosm of what the…"
1 hour ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parra Should Swoop On McNamara If Bennett Heads To Souths
"Exactly how long Parra needs him to stay."
2 hours ago
More…