Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• At the risk of getting my head bit off I don't think Brown at 7 is the biggest problem. Dylan is one of, if not the best defensive half. So I dare say having Sanders on that side of the field would have let far more points in.

Our right side defense has always been bad. And it always gets exploited because most attacking raids go left. As it's easier to pass right to left, hence why Sivo has scored so many tries in that past five or so years. And Sanders is a left footed kicker, I believe, so him on the right seem like a weird choice as he'd have to kick across his body and step off his right just to kick everytime.

But I do agree that Dylan as the dominant kicking half probably isn't the answer. I'd like to see Sanders get a shot, play the dominant kicking halfback role but play on the left. Defensively it makes more sense. Cartwright doesn't read the attack as well as he thinks and having a rookie half defending next to him is not the answer. In my opinion anyway.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parra Eels replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"We have no players with a BA clause, whoever told you is full of shit. If BA is axed, only a player who doesn't want success will piss off. Moses, Gutho and DB will guarantee to go to another level under Bennett."
16 seconds ago
Will 5150 replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Oh crap... cross functional teams! Holy shit, I've had that rammed down my throat by my CEO for a while now. In fact that whole list you've got sounds like you've sat in all the exec meetings where I work. I'm the old school black sheep... the one…"
5 minutes ago
The Badger replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"If it helps us get things right for the next 30 years ...big YES"
8 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Haha, Seth. Sue won't dig us out of the footy hole we're in. And I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't mind the fact footy clubs invest in community work & relationships."
14 minutes ago
More…