Eels confirm new leadership group for 2020

Parramatta Eels have confirmed a new leadership group for the 2020 NRL season.

The Club is pleased to announce a five-man leadership group which includes captain Clint Gutherson, Mitch Moses, Junior Paulo, Nathan Brown and new recruit Ryan Matterson. 

Parramatta Eels CEO Jim Sarantinos said the group includes a good mix of players who have been identified as having strong leadership qualities by their peers.

“Leadership across the club is a focus for us over the next two to three years. We are really looking to building that leadership capability not only in footy but throughout the front office.

“Having strong and influential leaders throughout the club, whether it be on or off the field is going to help us get to where we want to be,” said Jim.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If there was no announcement Ron would have nothing to copy/paste for the day and then we would be forced to read a blog on his actual opinions which are dribble.

• haha keeping Ron busy is a good thing

• Mack old Lurker/Ron left his job at Blacktown tip to be a fulltime dope,  hence why he spends his days trawling the internet for eels related articles . Go Ron .

• "Neil Balme refreshingly replied: "We haven't set our timetable up to suit your [the media's] insatiable appetite for meaningless news. That's our problem."

Does that help Mick, that's from your article!

• MACK YOU THE MAN.

See Brett. Calm down.

• Chuck you still a security guard?  Or have you moved up in the world and become a cleaner?  

• My captain My Captain

• Lol

• Slow down with the blogs Ron, you'll blow a gasket

• Happy with this crew of players.

I’m surprised to see Junior there to be honest, but I hope it improves his character a bit.

I’m not surprised to see Matto there... I have a sneaking suspicion he’s sitting behind Gutho as Vice Captain right now for leadership qualities.

I am surprised Fergo isn’t there. I know he has a past and is a bit of a larrikin... but he’s also one of the best players on the team and currently our highest ranking rep.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael Ericson replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 20 Team List v Tigers
"Obviously Stuart has more faith in the eels than some of the so called eels fans on this site. He knows he ain't finishing 4th."
9 minutes ago
MontoEel replied to Frankie Fong's discussion WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY??
"I havent seen Snake on here for ages but Brett put on a post not long ago. Hope theyre both ok. Not the same without them pair."
10 minutes ago
El patrón replied to Frankie Fong's discussion WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY??
"Snake has been converted to Brett Allen's happy-clappy mob.
Snake is officially part of Brett's concubine.
His next target is Chiefy as he had the squishiest lily-white arse this side of the great dividing range."
31 minutes ago
Prof. Daz replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 20 Team List v Tigers
"I thought Evans and Davey played well as starters. I would not mind seeing that again. I thought Lane was more effective playing in the middle but I imagine that was just to get game time in others as Lane then shifted back to the edge "
55 minutes ago
More…