Eels confirm new leadership group for 2020

Parramatta Eels have confirmed a new leadership group for the 2020 NRL season.

The Club is pleased to announce a five-man leadership group which includes captain Clint Gutherson, Mitch Moses, Junior Paulo, Nathan Brown and new recruit Ryan Matterson. 

Parramatta Eels CEO Jim Sarantinos said the group includes a good mix of players who have been identified as having strong leadership qualities by their peers.

“Leadership across the club is a focus for us over the next two to three years. We are really looking to building that leadership capability not only in footy but throughout the front office.

“Having strong and influential leaders throughout the club, whether it be on or off the field is going to help us get to where we want to be,” said Jim.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You're operating under the assumption that all 30 players picked the same 5 guys.

• I know they didn't all select the same 5 guys, but weight of numbers and all that.

• This reply was deleted.
          • Mack old Lurker/Ron left his job at Blacktown tip to be a fulltime dope,  hence why he spends his days trawling the internet for eels related articles . Go Ron .

• MACK YOU THE MAN.

See Brett. Calm down.

• Chuck you still a security guard?  Or have you moved up in the world and become a cleaner?  

• My captain My Captain

• Slow down with the blogs Ron, you'll blow a gasket

• Happy with this crew of players.

I’m surprised to see Junior there to be honest, but I hope it improves his character a bit.

I’m not surprised to see Matto there... I have a sneaking suspicion he’s sitting behind Gutho as Vice Captain right now for leadership qualities.

I am surprised Fergo isn’t there. I know he has a past and is a bit of a larrikin... but he’s also one of the best players on the team and currently our highest ranking rep.

• From what I was reading the other week Paulo has been training all off season and it’s the first time in years he has come into pre-season training at a decent weight. I think it mentioned somewhere that his young family has changed his mentality and attitude. If this is the case then he has earnt it

• Awesome news. Kind of exactly what I was hoping for.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Patsy Stone replied to Muttman's discussion Buzz's Lowlights
"Do you think you could get me a signed Bongo picture? It's the equivalent of drawing the Michael Jordan gold card from the pack in the old collector card days. "
2 minutes ago
Patsy Stone replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Eels need new major sponsor
"I have heard we are in talks with the following companies for major sponsorship. 
1) Hancock Prospecting
2) BlackRock 
3) Lockheed Martin
4) Thiel Capital
5) Koch Industries."
5 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Muttman's discussion Buzz's Lowlights
"I watch a lot of Youtube vlogs and a few of the Parramatta supporters were recorded getting pictures and autographs signed by the players."
10 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"I think Foran has to be one of the worst signings in the club's history. Only played nine games I think, got injured, played the mental health card and said he might never play again, cost the club a lot of money and got a lot of people excited over…"
13 minutes ago
More…