Conflict of interest

So how do you manage a perceived possible conflict of interest with club decisions 🤔

a coach has more than one child coming through the junior ranks ....... we have seen coaches with one like Cleary or Flanagan 

what about two 🤔what processes are in place to see retention and promotion are fair and just 

I see some difficulties 

I'm

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

★
★
★
★
★
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry Michelle, I'm with the Trolley Technician here.

Brad has done something for Parramatta, he won us a wooden spoon.

Brad thought we wanted a trophy and he truly delivered.

Thanks Brad!

Scott

• No signings?  How do we even know that?  

• So you're completely discounting internal improvement and promoting from within ?

Arent we supposed to be a development club ?

Long term success can't be sustained on recruitment alone. 

• You have to recruit still . You can't have rookies teaching rookies. Look what a player like a Ennis or a Malloney did when added to a team. Even the difference a Kevin Kingston made to our team. Our current team is in dire need of a talent injection. 

• Lol, give up. Will is gone. Not because BA has two sons at the club , but because Will is a 45 year old try hard. Just like every other bloke we've moved on , hes shit. 

Hes Ben Roberts type of poo. 

• He's not 45 

what crap wiz 

• He's a middle of the road bum player. As I said in the other thread. It'll be the best thing he's ever done going up there.  Good luck to him I hope he does well. 

But to suggest we owe him a lifetime contract because the coaches kids are at the club is ludicrous. To be perfectly honest if it were any other club he'd probably be on the scrap heap by now , BA gave him the captaincy for nothing more than a nice gesture and you're accusing him of punting him as some kind of manoeuvre to progress his kids.  Brad reportedly has a contract that's a pittance compared to his market value, his kids probably half the price of Will Smith. 

Send Brad a stern letter of demand , Karen. 

• We need an NRL backup half and JA is not the answer.

Will Smith is only reserve grade standard yes - but that makes JA under 20s standard.

The Panthers had Burton and May as backups to their halves in their premiership year - we currently have JA and no one.

• Certainly is a worry Carlo. 

Without a back up half we will have to rely on JA if either of our halves go down which sucks as JA is a park footy player at best.

I think we are in for a very long and unfulfilled season next year.

• You are always very accurate BEM 

If you are worried so am I 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I wonder if the have Lomax on Right and move Penisini to left. Penisini is a Centre that can adapt, where Lomax has the pass that has him needed on the right.
But I think Lomax would be happy as long as it is Centre in a good team."
13 minutes ago
Slugg replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I think the club  is doing the right thing not paying 600 k to  800k for a good first grade player that can boost our chances of winning comp when they can sign 3 or 4 players for the same money that may boost our chances of winning a reserve grade…"
19 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Parra just need to stick to there process and add when we need to.
Lomax has all the potential which to this time is unrealised and that's before talking about money.
Blaize Sanders Penisini AMS you really want to see if these guys are something and…"
25 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
" We needed lomax before Talagi came on the scene. If a crystal ball would show us Blaize turns out to be an excellent centre, we would not be chasing Lomax.
Would Blaize hang around for 2 seasons to cement a FG spot?
Lomax would be worth every penny…"
36 minutes ago
More…