Cameron Smith the untouchable!

So, even after, he is recorded very clearly challenging the integrity of the referree, he escapes with no penalty, meanwhile others who have done the same, get binned or sent.  No consequence from the NRL Review Committee.  Says it all.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Forget the past for a minute. How did he drag this grand final through the mud?

He was by far the smartest and most composed player on the field.

Put the hate aside and see it for what it is. That's what Pop's is saying to you.

• Of course he didn't play fair. Who said he should ?

• The rules Brett, the rules. Not rafferties rules either.

• The rules don't say you have to play fair 

• Oh, yes they do unless theyre rafferties rules. The rules also dont promote cheating.

• Show me anywhere in the rules of the game where it says you have to play fair ?

It doesn't.

All it has is a series of rules and playing conditins and the penalties incurred if you break them.

• You show me in rules that its ok to win by cheating. Its common sense Brett that teams play fair otherwise the contest is uneven.

• It doesn't.

All the rulebook says these are the rules, you break em this is the penalty incurred. The rulebook is amoral, it has no moral value attached to it.

If you don't want to cop the penalty, don't break the rule.

When is any contest "even" ?

Every contest is uneven, that's why it's called a contest, because it's the players job to make it as uneven as possible using any means at their disposal.

• Even cheating?

• MontoEel everyone so desperate to win a comp the will do anything for it. But you watch if a team get away with a few forward passes, off side, bad video ref decisions, then suddenly they come & blame a player, the coach, the halves that’s an example why you want teams playing by the rules of the sport. Not for teams to be penalised on purpose so they can set their line. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Muttman replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Could Lomax backflip on his decision?
"Russell and Sivo need to go. So yeh at least two wingers. We need MA to be playing hooker next year. We need a new Coach"
1 minute ago
adnan replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Just a tad racist"
3 minutes ago
adnan replied to LB's discussion Brad to Bennett: Why Friday's clash might be the tipping point for Arthur and the Eels.
"I called out a few weeks ago but I sense a faction in the playing group"
7 minutes ago
HKF replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Could Lomax backflip on his decision?
"Do you think it will matter if BA is still coach next year?, the only way this team improves with BA remaining coach is if we recruit a real leader as team captain and I can't see that happening. "
9 minutes ago
More…