Replies

• 5375430492?profile=RESIZE_584x

• I see a chair in it's box. Don't know what you guys see :)

• Exactly Parra Fan, Anguillidae is a chair exporter.

• Correct. My business name is 'There's a Chair in there".

That's catchy...

• lol

Next thing you'll be exporting bears as well...

• Yes mate, spot on. Think Pulp Fiction basement scene...

"Bring out the gimp..."

• Testing organisations have said they need more resources.

Why wouldn't the labs still be receiving tests? Players are still being drug tested. And NRL players aren't the only ones that WADA process. They process hundreds of thousands of tests per year. Every athlete that is part of the WADA code is available for testing. You have NRL, AFL, rugby union, soccer, cycling, boxing and then the thousands of Olympic athletes. Even the reserve grade players must comply with WADA testing. It's not like they only have 20 or 30 tests to do. Each lab would have thousands. The testing procedure wouldn't be instant.

The couriering of the samples isn't as simple as slapping an Express sticker on a parcel. The samples must be kept under lock and key and transported as part of refrigerated cargo. They have strict biosecurity measures to adhere to as well.

And WADA doesn't care about timing. They do the test when they do the test. They provide the results whenever they want. They are able to keep a sample for up to a decade.

• Super old son - Border Force do INSTANT catalytic tests for drugs but WADA/ASADA take six months.

Nah mate - not buying it.

Shows how inept the agencies really are imo.

Piss in the tin - throw in catalyst - BINGO BABEE! Then go for lab tests etc.

• Those catalysts test a "pure substance". It's not diluted like a urine or blood test. If you attempted a catalytic test, it'd never show up. Also, many of the anti-doping tests pick up markers rather than the offending substance. So a catalytic test is useless there.

• Spot on Super, there isn’t a test for many of the banned substances. Just normative ranges a person should be within.

i haven’t done any detailed reading up on it but from what I understand pro cyclists have a passport which is their own individual profile of what level everything is at. When they are tested during the year if anything is too far removed from their own level or outside the normative range it sets off alarm bells.

Theres a reason the process is so stringent - because if there was a way around it the professional cycling teams in Europe back in the 90’s/00’s were all over it.

The shit storm caused by Chris Froome getting off just recently for whatever that substance is in a ventolin inhaler is a perfect example of why the drug testing needs to be as stringent (and time consuming) as what it is.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"Do you watch first grade? Give him a crack, if he sinks move on to the next. "
1 hour ago
Bourbon Man replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Fair enough mate. 
We're all looking for answers. "
2 hours ago
Steel be with you replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"I would be looking to move him on now. He is contracted until the end of 2025 but we should be looking to move him by November 2024. We can pay the last year of his contract out. He can come over here to England and play for one of our teams."
2 hours ago
Steel be with you replied to Hellmut's discussion Goal Kicking
"The goal kicking cost us badly today. If you are an opponent what looks better, being down 20-6 at half time or being down 14-6?"
2 hours ago
More…