Brad Arthur ... Simple Yes or No

I have read many a comment on Brad Arthur on various platforms and see the division is real. The unicorn fan, the realist, the visionary and then the unyielding loyalist who follow the club no matter what is dished up.

So lets get a genuine take on our own site and see the numbers whether to extend or not.

Below, simply state YES or NO with only a small comment so as to not lose the context of our thread.

And Sorry Brissy ... I know you were once an avid Eel supporter, but to come on here as a Dolphin supporter and throw shade on some of the 1EE ppl you disagree with is seriously taking the piss, opinionate if you will, but being another team supporter, show some respect, as it tire very quickly .... said without prejudice of course.  An example of your recent comment is "Calling one STUPID".

Only Parra supporters can vote lol.

I shall start -   No     Too many deficiencies to name, such as poor selection, bench and rotation and the agenda of promoting his son into our top 30 and 17 - sorry Cyborg. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No, I think it's time for a new voice. But I concede who that is right now, I don't know. Bellamy is going after this year, so they must have someone already annointed to take his place. Can't we do the same?

BA must have the same kind of dirt on people that Kathleen Kennedy does at Disney. Pretty sure he'd be gone anywhere else.

• so what everyone is saying is that since Fitzgerald got canned there has not been a front office capable of building the cub .A real pity Fitzgerald was so inept

• Get over it, he brought some good players to the club. He tooks us to a Grandfinal, knowing he could have gone years before as part from what he had done yet bad decision cost is? Fact!!! So get rid of him.. who hlfills in? Zin the hell can do a better job? Nobody !! 

• No. Poor roster management,  nepotism and same weaknesses year upon year. 

Thanks but I'd like to try something else. I'd give Michael Maguire a go.

• YES.

1) No worthwhile alternative

2) BA began as head coach in 2014. He took over a Kearney/Stuart bag of bones from spoons in 2012/2013. In 2014 they finished 10th (equal 8th; missed finals on differential). In 2015 12th, in 2016 lose comp points to finish 14th. In 2017 finish 4th, before slumping to the spoon in 2018 (much flash, Hayne and co, but no grit). Finals in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.

It is a reasonable record without being awesome (overall 52% winning record says the Eels' official site (no idea if updated)). 

The timing of this extension talk is ... interesting. One hypothesis: his managers wanted to get it signed in case the Eels are 0-5 in a few weeks! Another hypothesis: he has watched how Wayne Bennett suddenly makes the news with some coaching talk of some kind if his team is drawing unwanted attention. 

• He is probably taking lesons from Moses

• Yes. As pointed out , who will you replace him with. If the 'new' coach don't do well, do need to have a poll again. BA had his mistakes/'weaknesses' as already mentioned here but let's just hope he learns from it. And maybe we can also recruit some really good backs and another forward

• Yes for me. He will get the trophy

• He should have been released from his contract instead of Brown. 

• Da Rock picked up a great point. BA says in his Monday Presser "Its a 3rd year option that had to be triggered. My management are working it out".

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Matt replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"Cory paix is being shopped by Broncos I reckon great dummy half fit has some speed n passing game to bring ex halfback only 24 yrs old "
23 seconds ago
Angry Eel replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"1-6 Broncos are faster. Simple as that"
8 minutes ago
Blue Eel replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Look Penisini might get there but as gun centre. mmmmmmm no way. He would be well and truely be behind Katoni Staggs, Valentine Holmes, Bradman Best, Jessie Ramien, Isak Tago, Joesph Manu, Mathew Tomoko, Campbell Graham, Herbie Farnworth, Stephen…"
9 minutes ago
BEM replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"To many head knocks."
13 minutes ago
More…