Replies

• Yeh! but you can do better, young newly wed like yourself, you could get Carlo to train you.....just imagine what she has learnt from the catholic church.

• Yes I agree LB.

Bennett is such a powerful figure and the board just may be exposed of their inadequacies pretty quickly.

• Plus after he leaves he will dictate who replaces him and who leads the club on the field etc. all I'll say is the board should love the money the fans will bring in with Bennett there, memberships galore.

• Who said we were chasing Bennett?? Media?

• Signing Ryles based on him sitting next to Craig Bellamy , mmm who was that other coach who sat next to Bellamy for years and was touted as the next super coach ? Good old Steve Kearney 🤣🤣🤣

• Here's another 

IMG_6133.jpeg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/12436401465?profile=RESIZE_930x
  • Hmmm was this when Brent Read was on radio and made this as a suggestion? 
    I doubt the Eels have chased or spoken to anyone at all. 

• It's been mentioned by several in the media and MC on Grandstand again today. He also mentioned how slow Parra are to move on anything and make decisions.

• No doubt. I have no inside knowledge but given what I've seen I truly doubt they've spoke to any coach or manager. I reckon sacking BA has been discussed and a plan mapped out for how it will go down but I just can't see them approaching anyone else until BA has left the building. It's the corporate way. If they act now then that's a decent thing to do. Everyone knows where they stand and the 2025 Coach can negotiate openly. (Bennett would probably prefer this too)   However if they delay and stuff around (also the corporate way) then we'll miss out on Bennett and be left with some rookie. 
        If they had football expertise on the Board, you'd punt BA today, appoint Barrett as caretaker. Get Bennett signed asap and if you really want a Jason Ryles etc then appoint him as an assistant to Bennett. But I predict we'll mess about, not get Bennett and a new Coach won't be announced until end of season meaning the new coach will I'll have minimal input on planning for the 2025 season. 

• If it turns out the Eels board didn't/aren't throwing everything at Bennett or Bellamy and instead went with Ryles, they all need to be sacked. Fair enough if they did/are doing everything they can to get them and don't, but if it was simply they went in a different direction then they are simply inept and all need to move on to directing nursing homes where everything is slow moving and winning isn't part of the core curriculum. 

I will seriously be pissed if the Eels aren't moving heaven and earth to get Bennett or Belamy. A rookie coach (outside of maybe Slater or Cronk, or both) is the last thing the Eels need. That is way too much to pressure to put on someone who is unproven but is a fair task of someone who has a long proven record. 

At least someone on the board has to be able to see this and making it known?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Dylan Brown named co captain
"Blaize doesn't know what position he is best in, neither do you."
2 minutes ago
Snottie Pimpin replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Dylan Brown named co captain
"Dylan went to the Arhurs house last night and spoke with their family for an hour and a half at dinner time. Confirmed to BA he was the right choice. 
In other news .. BA doesnt know what position Blaize is best in , he just knows he will be an NRL…"
5 minutes ago
Ezra replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Talagi rejects player option, now on the open market
"Chief  how does a coach that's been at a club for a 11yrs not have his club set up the way he wants it ? How isn't the clubs roster bulletproof and able to continue winning regardless who is out or who has left the club. If a coach is given 11yrs…"
9 minutes ago
Grunta the great replied to LB's discussion Brad Arthur enters defining month at Under-pressure Eels
"So, has Bennett officially signed with the Rabbits?
If we don't have him or Bellamy coaching us next year I'm out...
Fark the club and 38 years of failure."
9 minutes ago
More…