Are our Eels relentless enough to win it. l.

1.  In my years of watching footy the relentless teams with defensive intensity ,the continual roll of a wave in attack for the full 80 minutes are generally the overall winners of competitions. Week in week out it has to be produced. The grunt work  is necessary  to unleash the stars.  In your face defence for 80, zip and run from dummy half. Everybody backing up a half break. Our great Eels sides had it,  the Storm and Roosters have shown it the last 20 years . We have the players ,we have the coaching staff , do we have the desire to get it done.   

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Coached by...Bread Arthur....some say plainbread. Some say sugarloaf. Some even say it's stale..... or mouldy. But ....mf it is good Bread, it holds a meal together...but it has to get fresh.

Bench..... Pay Stoned ( if you think he is worth what dohfins paid for this meal, you're  fucking Stoned)

.........i think I'm done now .......

• ......Not done apparently 

Bench......Woremu Egg..... fucking big,  raw snd can be hard to get down. May end up with that egg on his face if ye doesn't get in a salad

• Glaze Dunster will be sure to add a bit of flavour. 

• Deserves a Pulitzer Prize that analogy ... way too much seafood extender running around to win a premiership. We need some top shelf, class players.. how you attract them when you're not Nick Politis is the challenge. 

• Actually that was very entertaining from the "fizn'n chips" boys but it demonstrates what we always knew about how clever our 'posted contributor's' are.....essentially much happier taking the piss than plying the praise.

This season shapes upon analysis that every team could be critiqued from the menu in the same way.

All the analysis and critism always on ourselves, analysing the opposition and there coaches could come up with nothing that should be detrimental to our confidence going into this year. 

Last years grandfinalists are definitely weaker than last year....Storm will be a  combination of stew with a  french cuisine name and Roosters will be full of herbs and spices but we find it difficult having it in successive weeks.

The rest are ho hum! 

I 'll have the 'fishermans basket' please waiter with no chicken salt on the chips. 

NB Any left overs please send it to the resident 'disenchanted group' unfortunately they have never really gone hungary....but one day they will have a full meal and probably have trouble keeping it down when they realise what they have "eaten".

• The thing is Poppa that losing players from a team that's been performing at the top level doesn't always weaken the team.  The young blokes coming through have been doing their apprenticeship under the best players in the comp. they learn " the little things " that make these teams the quality they are .  Look at Melbourne or even Brisbane in their day.  

Then in comparison, you have us , who the young players coming through are learning their trade off guys who are still learning their trade. Penrith went through a stage whereas they recruited , recruited and recruited. And that's why the guys you see today are doing what they're doing. We simply don't,  RCG is a fine example of what you get when you recruit , his value in showing young guys how it's done is just as valuable as his input from a player perspective.   

Cleary had Soward , Wallace and Malloney to teach him , 3 very experienced halves. It shows now.  Penrith won't lose much by losing a couple of players. 

• Wiz, that's pretty pathetic....on that basis nobody would be able to come from the back. One of the main points I have tried to make in my optimism for this year is the experience we have learnt from the past 3 years......we have not actually been "all quiet on the Western Front" either.

The young spine that has gone well (with the probable worst performance being last year) has learnt a tremendous amount.  I have great "hope" for Moses and yes Gutherson being much wiser for what they now know! Mahoney on face value just has to keep going and Dylan will only get better.

• Poppa v2.0.

I like it.

• Gutherson and Moses are almost fucking grandfathers and we are still discussing what they're learning . You'd think they were 2nd year rookies the way you harp on about them.  

• What was Maloney and Cronk doing at that age?......don't knock grandfathers, I am still learning and I have 8 grandkids.....I just wish I knew as much as you Wiz.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

EA replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"I just want bennet😂"
5 minutes ago
Snottie Pimpin replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
" i don't mind listening to TCT guys, theyre die hard fans who badly want us to succeed and seem like decent blokes.
I feel at times though there needs to be some higher expectations from the fans and some demand for accountability for what we are…"
6 minutes ago
EA replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"There was a couple of times he ran out of the line when dolphins were started the set. Just found it funny how he would do that but we have forwards who couldn't even make a tackle let alone provide line speed. "
11 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"I don't think at this stage Parramatta will get the wooden spoon. Gold Coast and South Sydney are the favourites for me. The wooden spoon doesn't care about whether you lose by 1 point or 40. I remember in 2018 we were very competitive in a lot of…"
11 minutes ago
More…