A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG

While you all have feelings of rage and disappointment regarding the hapless eels and the fools who are involved with the club you should all take a step back and count your blessings . 

Today I met the partner and father of the woman and baby who got stabbed in Bondi junction , I have never seen the type of sadness and devastation in a man's eyes and facial expression like I saw today and I hope I never do .

This poor soul doesn't know if he should be devastated that his wife got murdered or happy that his child survived ,  I can't think of a worse position a human being can be in or even comprehend what is  going though his head . 

If this is not enough to step back and not stress yourselves I'll put it in another way 

Last night you all saw the captain of the eels smile like a fool after the game and you would of seen a number of other eels players smile also  , if the people who are involved and run the club don't care then do yourselves a favour do the same . 

One last thing , if you want a bit  more evidence that the people who run your club are of the lowest and dumbest standards take note of the following . 

Parramatta put in one  of the most disgraceful performances in the games history , they played a park footy team with no coach in attendance and they got smashed. 

You would think that after the  humiliation and the obvious distress of fans  that the club would of put out a statement showing their disgust and disappointment at the club being humiliated like it was  , but you get SFA from this lot . 

Count your blessings and don't stress . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good post Fong..

Maybe if we got Bennet he would have not only a massive influence on our team, but get a few things off the field sorted as well.

It's obviously time now.

We need change on so many levels, but the coach is the first step.

You just know that we won't get Benny because those in the hierarchy at the club would be shitting themselves.

• Great message & reminder of perspective, Frankie. 

Heartbreaking, sorry to hear this, no doubt it left an impact on you.

I hope above all that man is able to watch his daughter grow up & enjoy a full & vibrant life, experiencing everything her mum would've wanted for her.

Maybe in her life, and in time, he will still find many more precious moments of enjoyment amongst what must be a torture I can't really understand. 

The Eels will need to spontaneously combust before they'll reach for an extinguisher, so, I know it questions my loyalty, but just maybe there will be a silver lining to that performance. It's time. 

Great post, Fong. 

• It really does put things in perspective. A loss like that used to eat at me for days until my kids said they didn't want to watch football with me because of how I reacted. A game isn't worth putting your kids off from wanting to sit with you. I still get disappointed, but get over it pretty quickly now.

Having to go through what this poor man is going through is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. Hopefully he can find the strength to live life again and enjoy his daughter growing up.

• Fong we've never met. I'd like to have a beer with you if you're ever open to that.
    That aside, the entire Bondi story is truly heartbreaking. That poor guy will literally never be the same. When you're young you think you're bulletproof. That poor bloke had his universe ripped out of his heart in an instant. You just don't recover from that. Ever. I'm so glad his baby will make it. I honestly could cry thinking about this. 
    I can't imagine what you said to him. There's no words that will make it better or make sense. You're right, let's keep some perspective. 

• Wise words, Fong. The Eels were pathetic and their play was unworthy of the time and effort fans put in to support them. But it's just a game. Life did not go on for everyone after last week, and some lives will never be the same again after last week. A real tragedy. 

• 💯 Frankie,

I can't imagine what that poor bloke both of them are going through.Football at the end of the day doesn't matter those lazy pricks last night don't give two shits about the fans win or lose they still get paid.

But the poor fans fork out hundreds some thousands to only get disappointed time and time again.

• I agree wholeheartedly and life's far more important than any game. To lose someone you love under those circumstances is unthinkable.

Regarding the Eels, to be honest all Eels fans should be used to losing by now - like it or not we are fast becoming the new North Sydney Bears.

• Not a bad claim, only thing i say is Norths only made one more GF after their 1922 title. In 77 years they made 1 GF. No minor premierships either. Souths were in same boat. 1971 was last premiership before 2014. In that time of 43 years they made no GF's and won only 1 minor premiership. Cronulla made 4 GF's, one being SL, and won 2 minor premierships in 49 years before first title.

Since 1986, we have made 3 GF's, 2 minor premierships and numerous finals. I feel we will win one eventually but in the next 50 years i think it will be one only, maybe two if lucky. From comparisons above, in 37 years we have done better overall of getting to another. We are not Norths. I believe i wont see Parra win many at all, but i believe i will see one at least. Maybe two.

• I'd say Wests Tigers and Gold Coast are more North Sydney than anything, only a way worse version. Wests Tigers have only made three finals in 23 years! and currently have the third longest finals drought in history since 1908. Gold Coast....well its pretty self explanatory.

• In today's world, countless events unfold simultaneously, including conflicts, violence, and poverty. These occurrences are part of our daily reality, persisting through the past, present, and likely the future. While it's tragic to witness the ongoing violence and loss of innocent lives, we must distinguish these profound societal issues from the frustrations we experience with our sports teams.

Speaking of which, my feelings towards our rugby league club, the Eels, are complex and deeply personal, and they shouldn't be compared with the aforementioned global issues. Despite our emotional and financial investment, it feels like the club often disregards its fans. This neglect is unacceptable.

I've even stopped watching the NRL altogether for several reasons:
    a. I'm tired of our club's apparent indifference on the field.
    b. I feel the NRL favors the larger clubs.
    c. The quality of the commentary has significantly declined.
    d. The officiating leaves much to be desired.

As fans, we're left in a quandary. I considered cancelling my sports subscriptions, but my son reminded me he watches Formula 1. Unlike many of Indian descent, I don't follow cricket, nor am I interested in the standard offerings from Foxtel. Instead, I prefer watching European football, like the Champions League and the Spanish league.

So, where does this leave us as fans of the Eels? Every game seems the same — repetitive and exhausting. What are our alternatives? Should we explore other sports?

I find myself groping in the dark, reminiscing about the days under Brian Smith when heartache was part of the game, but it felt different. Currently, I can't see myself returning to NRL games unless there are significant changes in the league or our club. I'm just not interested anymore.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frank The Tank replied to christeel's discussion behalf of the sick the elderly and the miserable.
"Yes hence the sex addiction was cured lol."
5 minutes ago
eel_fan_boy replied to Inside Info's discussion Who is D.Brown referring to
"actually it was the thursday before the manly game (not anzac day). "
6 minutes ago
jamie replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE TALE OF TWO CLUBS
"I find it negligent, bordering on criminal that if as reported Wayne contacted the board to express an interest in the role and our board did not even entertain a meeting or conversation. At what stage are they looking forward to a premiership or…"
17 minutes ago
SuperEel 22’s discussion was featured
If Brad Arthur were deposed tomorrow, you'd hardly find an Eels fan who would disagree.
Only 18 months after a somewhat unexpected grand final appearance, Parramatta's fall from grace has been swift and brutal.
A massive injury toll cruelled their…
22 minutes ago
More…