What needs to happen in 2019:

Improvement: This seems like an obvious thing to say however we did go from Top 4 to Wooden Spooners last year in which was a quick downfall. I'm not a BA hater I'm very thankful for his hard work & sacrifices he's made for this club. However he needs a lot of improvement next year if we remain in the bottom four next year then BA 100% will leave. I'm not expecting our side to go from Bottom of the ladder to Finals Footy that would be unfair of me however we must be fighting for a spot in the 8 all season. Seeing our season done & dusted by round 12 this year hurt really bad & none of us deserve to see that happen anytime in the near future. 

ISP: Our ISP team is in need of some changes. Firstly our ties with Wenty Magpies should end & we should be our own ISP team. Our Harold Matthews, SG Ball & Jersey Flegg are all our own team & we seem to go well in those competitions every year, however we always seem to struggle in reserve grade. Firstly we need a good up & coming coach to guide our youngsters. Nathan Cayless is a Eels legend however he is not suited for coaching. Bringing Luke Burt back would be helpful. Luke knows majority of the core in that team as it mainly consists of our 2017 NYC Grand Finalists. I'd like to see most of those boys stay in that side & build some chemistry together to become a force in the comp. Players like Kaufusi, Stone, Brown, Leleisiuao, Aukafolau, Faingaa & Clifford. Should all be in that side together. We already lost Tonise, Keppie & Matterson from that winning squad lets not lose any others. Obviously Mahoney deserves his first grade spot & he should stay there. Kaufusi should only be in first grade if our forwards injury toll is big. He is one of our greatest forward prospects we've had in year but at 19 he isn't ready & is another season or 2 away from being a first grade regular. Now with the other positions in Wenty we need leaders to mentor them we already have a great leader for the forwards in David Gower who I would like to captain the wenty side next year we also need an experienced 5/8 to mentor Brown & an experienced hooker to direct our go forward. We already have Hoffman who I believe is a good mentor for our outside backs. I'll get to the 2 recruits later. 

A+ Recruiting: BA has been known in the past to sign dud over the hill players for first grade, however this time we need 2 experienced players for the ISP side like I mentioned before those guys being Mitch Rein & Josh Cleeland. Both these guys are experienced in the comp & have been key parts for their clubs this year. Some may say that Rein should be in our first grade side however a spot on the extended bench helping Mahoney's game will do him best. BA tends not to use his Utility guys anyway. Cleeland is a half who has been a big factor on why Bulldogs have been solid sides in the ISP for the last 2 years & he was a key part of Ipswich Jets solid run 3 years ago. Watching the ISP this year & last year Cleeland helped Lachlan Lewis in numerous ways & now he is one of the most exciting halves in first grade. I strongly believe Cleeland & Brown would form a great combination in ISP. Now for the big boy signings in first grade I like the signings of Lane, Ferguson & Paulo. All we need now is a Big forward then our recruiting can be done whether we splash the cash on Taupau, Klemmer or Pangai Jr idc as long as 1 of those guys are in Eels colours next year I am happy. 

Getting rid of the dud players:
With King already announcing his departure & with Vave, Williams & Davis soon to leave I'm liking the direction in which our cleanout is happening with Edwards, Scott, Matagi & Au'va already gone our departures can get quite big but I hope were not done. Pritchard & Morris also should be shown the door. Of course we would like to see Norman, Takairangi, French, Mannah, Jennings & Smith leave & I would as well but the matter of the fact is they have a contract & most likely all of them will be here next season. Overall I think our sides should be next year at full strength:

1. Hayne
2. Gennings
3. Gutherson
4. Mennings
5. Ferguson
6. Salmon
7. Moses
8. Alavaro
9. Mahoney
10. Taupau
11. Ma'u
12. Lane
13. Brown
--------------------
14. Norman
15. Paulo
16. Niukore
17. Terepo

18. Moeroa

19. Evans

ISP:

1. French
2. Leleisiuao
3. Aukafolau
4. Hoffman
5. Dunster
6. Cleeland
7. Brown
8. Gower
9. Rein
10. Kaufusi
11. Takairangi
12. Faingaa
13. Stone
-----------------------
14. Smith
15. Utoikamanu
16. Clifford
17. Mooney

New Jerseys: I have no problem with Aland and I would like to see them still be our major sponsor but our jerseys this year sucked. bringing back to old heritage jerseys for home is a must & our away ones should return to us being bright gold like from 2010 to previous will be great. 

Passion: Getting our home back is great & couldn't come back at a better time. The ANZ atmosphere sucked & WSS is gonna help the boys hopefully big time. We do play a part in their morales & performance I've always believed & bringing back the PARRA chant every time were on our attacking or defending 20 would be great to see. Not to say that the chant is gone I didn't go to any Eels games this year sadly for the first time ever but I presume with our poor performances & the bad atmosphere those chants would have died out. If we show the boys our passion hopefully it fires them up & lifts their game next year. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We also need an experienced number 9.
  • Forget on the field we gotta get the off the field soughted before seeing any fruit on it.

If we continue to be a rabble off it I don't think it'll matter.

Winning starts in the front office hence why I never understood the grief BA has taken from the fans.

We are continually screwing ourselves by not having consistency or success from the top.

Gurr and co are the key they need to push these reforms through get the footy club pointing in the right direction.Lots of areas need improving where do you start.

I don't take what seriously happens on the field until you get off the field soughted.

• I was going to suggest , we are start stock on the beer now for another long painfully season......

• Who says we have Kapow

• We need to fold
    • Lol basically with salmon, Moses and Mahoney as our spine yes we need to go
  • We don't need to fold, to be honest i think we better to prepare for another poor season ahead followed a possible offer for the club. Even if the team relocates or is sold we will still have our Eels..........which is better then no team at all!

• I don't understand the continual references to the club being sold. It won't ever happen. 

• The club will never be sold or relocated. Neither will any other team. The days of relocation and mergers are over. Especially with Parramatta, the club has the good fortune of being located where it is, strategically it is very important to the NRL. If there was no team, that entire area would be at the mercy of AFL and Football.

In a lesser way that is why the Gold Coast still exist, in reality they would of been liquidated years ago as they had a debt of $34 million. But The NRL has saved them on multiple occasions because if they lose, then the AFL wins that whole area.
      • It's not just the NRL. The Leagues Club exists to support and promote rugby league. Any talk of sale would never get to first base. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Muttman replied to Speech's discussion NRL Charges
"Did Matterson get charged?"
5 minutes ago
spartan_eel replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"Please rewatch the video of those tries. It is shocking to me. If my 10year old son did that he would be ripped into by his coach. Just screamed, lack of presence."
9 minutes ago
TolEllts replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"Lane and Sivo are playing only for their salaries, trying to avoid getting injured. They are preserving their bodies. That is why their hit-ups are soft and their tackles are softer (when they attempt to tackle). 
Lane and Sivo should be shipped out…"
10 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"Lane doesn't want to be there 
he needs to go off do his psychology and leave us the fuck alone "
13 minutes ago
More…