our full 2018 squad contracts

2018 squad: Beau Scott (2018), Bevan French (2019), Brad Taikarangi (2019), Cameron King (2018), Clint Gutherson (2019), Corey Norman (2019), Dane Aukafolau (2018), Daniel Alvaro (2018), David Gower (2018), George Jennings (2018), Greg Leleisiuao (2018), Jaeman Salmon (2020), Jarryd Hayne (2018), Josh Hoffman (2019), Kane Evans (2020), Kaysa Pritchard (2018), Kenny Edwards (2019), Kirisome Auva'a (2018), Manu Ma'u (2019), Michael Jennings (2019), Mitchell Moses (2019), Nathan Brown (2018), Nathan Davis (2017), Peni Terepo (2018), Ray Stone (2018), Siosaia Vave (2018), Suaia Matagi (2018), Tepai Moeroa (2019), Tim Mannah (2019), Tony Williams (2018), Will Smith (2018)

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think they really need to extend some of the player contracts. There are some top player contracts ending in 2018.

•  Many players have been advised by their managers to hold of signing extensions until salary cap amounts are finalised. Some clubs are also trying to get increased player insensitive allowances. Things like increasing long service bonuses and junior development grants. Obviously both these types of allowances would benefit clubs like Parra and Penrith far more than Manly or the Roosters. Personally, without salary cap allowances for junior player development clubs are better off just picking the youngsters they want from other junior leagues and the bush. Clubs like Parra and Penrith inject so much money into their junior systems for little reward. There needs to be far more advantages for these clubs for their investments. Maybe something simple like, when a player is signed by his junior development club, only 75% of his contract amount comes under the cap. This would result in 2 things happening.

1. We would see more local juniors (including players they developed from the bush and regional areas) stay with their clubs. 

2. Other clubs would put in more effort and money into their own junior development.

• Nathan brown needs an upgrade now he is the heart and soul of the outfit.
  • There are 31 names on that list if my maths is correct so one will miss out.

I think that you will see some contract extensions once BA's contract is extended.

• 2 at best s.o.o. class players rest ist graders at the very best. not a title threat

• Agreed, we have a top 8 side but our pack stops us from challenging the top 2 or 3 teams.

• Agreed slip; this is why Manly and Easts poach a few. I also think BA signing on hopefully soon will entice the players / club into action.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Seth hardy replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"As the great Foghorn Leghorn once said "this kids about as sharp as a bowling ball ""
8 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"Nothing good happens in kurri "
12 minutes ago
Mitchy replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Correct - Cameron type guy would be good but along with some nous around him. Bennett again could be good but an understudy along with him such as a Holbrook. Brian Smith to help juniors too would be useful. He knows a bit about footy...
I know he…"
48 minutes ago
The Badger replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"Fergo = ¡estúpido cabrón!"
53 minutes ago
More…