Mannah appointed Captain for 2015

The Dyldam Parramatta Eels are proud to announce Tim Mannah has been appointed as the club’s Captain for the 2015 season.

Head Coach Brad Arthur says Mannah was an obvious choice to step into the role for a third season.

“Tim has done an outstanding job as our club Captain for the past two years, and I know he will once again do us proud from the front,” Arthur said.

“Tim leads by example on and off the field, and he is a great ambassador for our club.”

“When Tim is not on the field there are many other leaders within our side who will step up as required.”

Mannah made his debut for Parramatta in 2009, and has played 143 NRL games in total.

He is also the club’s ambassador for Ronald McDonald House at Westmead.

“Tim has always been a natural leader and I’m very proud to have him as our club Captain once again,” Eels CEO Scott Seward said.

“He is part of the Eels fabric both within our club and to our Members and fans, and always represents the Blue and Gold with pride.”

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2015/03/02/mannah_appointed_cap.html

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm happier with one Captain. Good stuff.

• Indeed - better to just name one man, even if it is Mannah

• Yep good move
    Co captain is not good for anyone
    It says you don't trust the captains and can't make a decision
    The captains have their standing eroded and try to do their job without the power and respect they need
    Now Timmy can give it his best shot for a year and good luck to him
  • Good stuff. The Brow is a great figurehead.
    #figurebrow
  • Inspiring decision.
    Well done Parra.
  • We have a senior playing group. I'd assume one of them would deputise.
  • Nobody's allowed to talk except the captain. Ever.
  • I think it's another good sign regarding Foran. If you've got a potential captain coming to your club, you don't throw someone new into the role for 12 months.

This should be a red-hot polka iron under Timmy to make sure he earns the right to start each game. I can see Arthur wanting to start some of the more physical games with Lussick and Paulo if Mannah doesn't reach career-high form this year, and that's even without taking an improving Wicks into the equation.

• Well done Tim and I hope being sole captain will lift you back to rep level.
  • Based on the Trial, Watmough did most of the talking to the ref. I'd say he'll talk when Mannah is off.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael Ericson replied to Seraph's discussion BA Presser
"I'm talking specifically about the blindside play where brown wraps around the ruck to try and create an overlap. That play where Sivo didn't get the pass was a different type of play. And it wasn't Sivo being too deep the pass was poor it needed to…"
1 minute ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Seraph's discussion BA Presser
"I think the board has assured BA he will see out his current contract, end of 2026. Last night Parra played a different style and game plan then they normally play.
If they sign Blaize T and Lomax coming, sort out the 9 and maybe Richard Penisini…"
3 minutes ago
LB replied to Blue Eel's discussion Saying It for Years. How will we ever really compete.
"I can see why people will disagree with this but to me NRL should do what NFL do and pubically show the salaries of all players. Ever been a salary cap issue in NFL? No, because fans and everyone can see what they are earning. Michael Ennis once…"
12 minutes ago
Eli Stephens replied to Blue Eel's discussion Saying It for Years. How will we ever really compete.
"Yeah the gap between the top teams and bottom feeders has never been greater. Storm chooks broncos have an advantage with TPAs and lure players across "
25 minutes ago
More…