The Daily Telegraph can reveal disgraced former Raider Josh Dugan has contacted Ricky Stuart in a plea to save his NRL career. Josh believes he can help Parramatta in their bid to become a force in the NRL in the coming years. "help me, to help you" Dugan pleads, he looks to Ricky Stuart's tough but fair approach to help him sort out his demons.

Dugan continued "I look at the personal problems a young Jarryd Hayne faced dealing with the hype and pressure of the NRL, I remember Ricky made a tough call and dropped him from Origin. Now Ricky has him as Parramatta's captain and Jarryd has surrounded himself with the right people and hasn't looked back." Dugan has conceded he needs help, but he needs to be playing football to help recover and the Eels would be the right fit.

Of course this would mean a possible positional change for Jarryd Hayne who has in the past played in the halves. This option is what is tempting Ricky Stuart the most, to have a ball playing six who can break the line, pass out the back to a fullback who also can break the line and find a unmarked winger with a pass or kick.

The Parramatta Eels just need to look at the gamble the Cronulla Sharks have taken on Todd Carney, the former troubled Raider's record makes Josh Dugan look like a saint, yet Todd has turned the corner and settled himself to be playing career best football. Ricky admitted he doesn't have the roster to compete with the top teams, but is wary when it comes to Dugan, fearing damaging the new culture he is trying to build at Parramatta.

What would you do if Ricky wanted you? we asked Josh "I'd take that jumper and run with it and do everything I could for that team." Much has been made of Parramatta's strong involvement in the church, the question is, can they forgive Josh Dugan for his sins?

http://www.abc.net.au/tasmania/stories/s1328175.htm

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Amiee you took the words right out of my mouth

Too add. Is this a G up ?
  • my words were similar...but it was more like "Oh God No!"

• Oh dear silly me, I took it as genuine, looks like I have to ignore future Parody blogs as being rubbish.

• I dont see dugan performing for low money. Plus why add yet another back when you have norman and hoppa coming as well, were the F are the FORWARDS!!!!!!!!

• Ps good effort good effort. Had me for about 10 seconds lol

In times like these we need humor
  • This all made up by parody................lies lies lies

• damnit i wish there was a good Dugan injury vid to counter this.

• I would take him, would be a great finisher on the wing while ricky's plan takes shape. I know he's abit of a douche but you never know. The same was said about carney and look what he doing, Dugan must come cheap though he needs to earn the trust and respect back from all concerned

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read