Will Manly be smarting next week?

Perhaps could be the first team to lose to Gold Coast this year, back home at Brooky they will be smarting hard. Do we have the mental capacity to keep up or will we give up when gets tough? They have shown weakness on their right edge, though with speed. That we do not have. This upcoming game i think is crucial more than ever for BA particularly going into a bye week. Manly have shown to let points in but man they can score them.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am not sure he can win a comp but we would be going a lot better with this roster than we currently are. Look at the roster he has at Redcliffe and how is getting them to overachieve as much as he has. 2023 everyone had them coming last and i said Bennett is worth 5-6 wins alone. I believe that at Parramatta, Bennett is worth a certain amount of wins himself.

I am not confident they will get Bennett due to two reasons. 1) taking forever to decide what to do with BA. 2) They wont want someone coming in and dicatating a lot what happens with the team. If we get Bennett no need for a director of football as Bennett wont want one i would believe. 

We need a Richardson type figure to give them so hard truths. Bennett will do that himself but once he leaves they will just go back to how they were.

• Not really, as proven on our day we are a good team, but I think that team is quickly sliding backwards.

• More so BEM is how much we get beaten by. If they had rompt GC, i think we could keep it respectful with a response. But they scraped by so they would be out to prove a point.

It would surprise me with an upset but this team is Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, they just come out with a great performance. But i just cannot see it after last night where they gave up for second time in three weeks. Never seen that from an Arthur coached team.

• Cowboys wasn't a great performance LB. they have been shown up quiet badly after we managed to bust their defence at will in their Red Zone! i.e. fundamentally the same attack as the Phins game, just a different resolve from the defence.

Can we manage a "great performance" probably not, but we can win if Manly don't turnup and they have a history as well. 48 hours ago we were raving how Flanagan (me too) had improved the Dragons defence out of sight.

• More so a great performance could come from the motivation and not from skill. If they try to win with talent and skill ain't going far as there is not much without Moses. With heart and effort they could do ok, maybe not win but get close.

If they love BA that much, as they have said they have, they will give an 80min performance. If they do not, well they cannot complain when people attack BA as they didn't do anything to silence them.

• Love....LB it is a many splendered thing.

Let me tell you it doesn't always work out like in the fairy tales.....doesn't matter how they try their guts out., if Saab or Turbo get into the clear, throw a couple of others into boot and doesn't matter how much they love BA, they are not going to catch them.

Effort and motivation maybe at great levels, but if the "cattle" can't run faster than the bull, they are going to get fucked!

NB. BA ain't going to make them run faster either, he had his chance to put speed in and effectively failed, for reasons beyond his control regardless.

• I reckon this current side might just beat Manly next week such is the Jekyll and Hyde nature of this squad.

BA will be the headliner this week so expect a lift from the players to delay his ass pounding.

• Not sure about that Frank, I think the down hill spiral is starting. We were horrible against the Raiders, the Cowboys game was ugly and way below parr from the Cows, and Friday night was a disgrace and a embarrassing. 

A few of us predicted 2024 to be ugly for the Eels. I think the slide has started and worse to come. In the next 4 weeks the only points we will get will come from the bye.

I hope iam wrong and the players step up and make a statement.

• The roster i believe is still good enough to win, but the slide is coming from management and coaching not sure what to do and get out of it and the stuff that has worked in the past is falling on death ears. BA's presser will cause more friction as it seems he is going to become a stress head and that is going to rub off on the players. We can salvage this squad and transition to keep us relevant but with the current recruitment and BA's pulling power we are squeezing a lemon to stay relevant and it is out of juice, the young kids are not as good as what we produced in 2018/19 where Niukore, Mahoney, Kaufusi, Stone and Brown all came from and built the team from there.

2018 to 19 shows how quickly things can change but BA's style is outdated and he wont change it, he hasn't got time to. New assistant to come in and change things up? Nope as he might take my job. Take over running defence? Nope as they wont do the defence i want.

• LB, I don't think Brad knows how to coach this team with the skills and ability they have. His trying to coach to his style and tactics. 

For mine he thinks he has a gig aggressive pack who should just dominate. He hasn't, what he has is an average pack with 4 awesome ball players in Carty, Matto, Hopgood and Paulo.

We would be top 3 in offloads, but the offloads go to forwards standing there. Our 6,7 and 9 should be supporting these players with speed expecting the ball.

Right now we are in a rut, out of left field change it up put Gutho to 6 Dylan to fullback or Penisini to fullback and Gutho to centre. Will is strong and reasonabley quick, get him following up the middle. 

Experiment, play Will on the outside of Dylan on the left.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Tad replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"I think Bennett is around 73 74 How many years coaching does he have left on him? Is that really what Parra need right now and do we start the whole thing again in a couple of years?
Maybe if Chieka (sp) could be a better longer term option and…"
12 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Can't believe how many dumb fools are here, NO player has a get out clause if BA is sacked or leaves, I can guarantee that 100%."
2 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"I can see it now, Bennett signs 24 players to replace the ones who had clauses in their contracts, headed by the Bromych bros, Kaufusi and an elite halves combo in Nikorima and Milford."
2 hours ago
"Typical flog, your name says it all..Anal is."
2 hours ago
More…