Will Manly be smarting next week?

Perhaps could be the first team to lose to Gold Coast this year, back home at Brooky they will be smarting hard. Do we have the mental capacity to keep up or will we give up when gets tough? They have shown weakness on their right edge, though with speed. That we do not have. This upcoming game i think is crucial more than ever for BA particularly going into a bye week. Manly have shown to let points in but man they can score them.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No. He has had 11 years to show he is the right coach for us. We all know we can beat Penrith with BA and than lose to the wooden spooners the next week. So us beating Manly means shit about BA. Until we can win consistently than BA time is up 

• When was the last time we were able to win consistently? 2005? Coaching isn't our problem.

• So coaching is not an issue? Not the main issue but a new voice can fix a few things that lead to better results.

• I think coaching is our major problem. Closely followed by recruitment, you can throw junior development in as well.

Friday nights game should have been nearly closed out in the first 25 minutes. We had enough ball and field position to take the wind out of the Phins.

I have watched a replay of our first half twice. We play with no strategy. We don't move the defence around no angle runners, switches, in side balls, swings, or fast playing of the ball. We rely on the crash play using short or face ball. 

One major fault is Lussick. He offers little creativity. His slow and lacks vision. On play one, he let's his 6 know your ball on play 4, your 9 then directs his forwards to run to a particular area away from the 6 dragging defenders. That is ths basic plan, the Eels backs don't set up deep enough, defenders are on them to quick 

Right now, we look like a ildispline, unfit, weak footy team. We don't fight to stay in games. There's no win at all cost mentality.

Most of our team has been under Brad Arthur for a few years now, and we have had the same problems for years. Friday night was what BA has achieved over the 10 years. Not one player tried to lift the team with a big run or tackle.

• "Friday nights game should have been nearly closed out in the first 25 minutes. We had enough ball and field position to take the wind out of the Phins."

You really think so? At halftime we had 50% possession: iStats/NRL (championdata.com)

If we had heaps of possession in the first 25 minutes we must've had fuck all in the next 15 minutes to go into halftime with 50% of the ball.

iStats/NRL
                    • So that says we have a coach that can beat Penrith . The fact we lost to the tigers says we have a poor attitude . And we have for decades. On and off feild leadership is as big a problem as coaching. And that may not necessarily only apply to the players.  Simply changing coaches isn't going to solve the culture and attitude issues. This attitude problem was evident long before people started saying BA forgot where the dressing room is. 

if we are to punt the coach, the captain should go with him. Make Moses the captain pay out Gutherson and buy another fullback.  We need a totally fresh start from an off and on the paddock leadership perspective. 

• That's why BA mentions them being a part time team taking the soft option not going to bat for your team mate.

They beat Manly get flogged by Canberra beat the Cows flogged by Redcliffe.This is what they have to even up there best and worst.

My biggest bigger bear is there still trying to play like they have Mitchell Moses structurally and for me I thought Barrett would have a bigger r9le to play here to rejig our attacking structure but we haven't.

Defensively we are a mess from the ruck out if we can't get numbers in the ruck consistently we look done.

The real elephant in the room for me is instead of stepping foward our roster has decided to take a step back.

• Wiz, I don't understand you have a problem with Gutherson's leadership......what do you know that the rest of us don't know.

He is inevitably our best player every week (or near to it). He leads by example and just about every/anybody on the outside looking in are dumbfounded by any thoughts he is a poor leader.He doesn't make captaincy fault errors any more than other captains,matter of fact of his challenges this year have been near perfect.

Many believe he is our heart and soul....but you have critiqued him continually from about 4 years ago when he called someone a dumb c**t and you find this unexcusable. Watch other games and leaders and the captains are quiet scathing, just like you are about everybody that doesn't listen to the Gospel of Wizard.

Get over your miserable negativity.

• Who said he was.

• I think all Eels fans want us to win and be proven wrong as it means we are doing well. Only thing is i can see it happening where we come good for a little bit, then we fall apart late and miss out again but since we came back it means BA stays, rinse and repeat. But i also never wish for my team to lose, but it could be a win win in that if we beat Manly happy days but lose heavily and one step closer to a new voice.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Adam Magrath replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Why take the risk in his last job on us? We are the perfect candidate, all the foundations are there. He gets the opportunity to accomplish something no one else has either been able to or willing to undertake for almost 40 years!!! What a way to go…"
1 hour ago
Tad replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"I think Bennett is around 73 74 How many years coaching does he have left on him? Is that really what Parra need right now and do we start the whole thing again in a couple of years?
Maybe if Chieka (sp) could be a better longer term option and…"
1 hour ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Can't believe how many dumb fools are here, NO player has a get out clause if BA is sacked or leaves, I can guarantee that 100%."
3 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"I can see it now, Bennett signs 24 players to replace the ones who had clauses in their contracts, headed by the Bromych bros, Kaufusi and an elite halves combo in Nikorima and Milford."
3 hours ago
More…