Will Manly be smarting next week?

Perhaps could be the first team to lose to Gold Coast this year, back home at Brooky they will be smarting hard. Do we have the mental capacity to keep up or will we give up when gets tough? They have shown weakness on their right edge, though with speed. That we do not have. This upcoming game i think is crucial more than ever for BA particularly going into a bye week. Manly have shown to let points in but man they can score them.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kicking them home tonight. 
    PS: Their edges suck. Plenty of points there. 

• But we cannot attack. If Sivo is on the right we could get some points.

• Manly 46. Eels 10

• And if it is by that scoreline do we see any possibility a coaching decision is made? Brent Reid said on Triple M Parramatta are not reactionary, they don't go off one or even numerous performances. But if we have another 40 points put on us, surely that speaks of the dressing room gone, considering that means there is no response despite being call non First Graders.

• Just the same LB if we lose by a hundred, changing the coach won't help....at least for this season anyway.

• Well i depends on the situation. If there are signs the dressing room is gone, moving BA now can lead to us getting a head start on a replacement and they can start to put forward their ideas for the following season. Keeping him til the end and then sacking him, well might limit your choices of who is out there. If he stays til the end and they decide to keep him if say Bennett goes to Souths, he will be extended past 2026 and the cicle repeats and wastes another 2 seasons at least.

Sacking BA doesn't solve anything this year, but it can help for the future. More so, if we get slaughtered by Manly, it is more so a sign of the relationship between BA and players. That alone can hurt our season anyway.

• Well at least it puts the players on notice that there will be a new sheriff coming to town - at the very least, the players know they'll be playing for their positions in the immediate future.

• Whatever happens BA will finish the season, unless he decides enough is enough and he has answers.

• Manly 's defence is as bad as ours,  the difference will be in their attack. 

Manly 52  Eels 22

• Harper and Simmo will be up against Garrick and Saab. Harper will struggle to cope with their speed 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Longfin Eel replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Yeah that's along the lines of what I was saying yesterday. If Bennett signs with Souths soon it means he got exactly what he was after, and Parra were never in the mix. I'm sure he's not desperate to sign the first contract that comes his way and…"
2 minutes ago
SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel) replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Thing is there is no such team who are just a defensive juggernaut anymore. Yes you have to be good in defense, thats a given. But look at the Roosters and Broncos tonight. The storm and Panthers can easy put 50 on a team now. The best teams have…"
5 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"I doubt these clauses exist. I also doubt Bennet will wait around for the Eels. If the board had any idear what the Eels need they would be talking to Brad Arthur and then Bennet.
Watching the games so far this weekend, the Eels are a looong way of…"
7 minutes ago
LB replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"As in with BA he could get us to a finals appearance in next 3-4 years. Rookie could have us in bottom 4 for next 3-4 years."
17 minutes ago
More…