Will Manly be smarting next week?

Perhaps could be the first team to lose to Gold Coast this year, back home at Brooky they will be smarting hard. Do we have the mental capacity to keep up or will we give up when gets tough? They have shown weakness on their right edge, though with speed. That we do not have. This upcoming game i think is crucial more than ever for BA particularly going into a bye week. Manly have shown to let points in but man they can score them.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Further to that he doesn't employ tactics that target opposition weakness eg, when we played the tigers why weren't we targeting Justin Olam's lack of lateral movement. Early in the game Penisini showed he was vulnerable and we hardly ever went back there for the rest of the game.

• Don't disagree entirely Graham but I believe if we had a fully fit side plus say JAC we would have a roster to challenge most. 

I would go as far as saying that JAC and Lomac next year (JAC is fantasy) would give us a side capable of winning most, the problem still arises with depth, which is still poor, even after those two come in.

R&R has become the real issue and maybe especially because our juniors/pathways look so strong at the end of last season that they (R&R)were applying patches,  but they (Juniors have been proven to be a major disappointment.

I might add that I think Matt Arthur could emerge into next years side as well. He is a talent I believe!

• Jac and lomax is a total fantasy old pops. It's either one or the other considering our current halves and forwards being on the higher end of the monetary scale. Wake up clown boy.

• Luckily for us our defense is the 2nd worst in the comp, equal with the Titans and only better than the Rabbits.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• No it's all good. I just listened to the TCT podcast which was about 20 mins. 

18 1/2 mins of that podcast told us exactly what the problem was and it was pointed out over and over and over again. 

It wasnt the coaching, nor the effort, or the recruitment it was ... Playing in Darwin.

How , I say How can we subject out innocent little players to the trials and tribulations of being so scarred as to take 1 game a year to Darwin for the good of the supporters up there, the growth of the brand and the financial benefits!!!

Please no one suggest we ever go to PNG or Vegas to play a game - we dont play in hot weather ! 

That was the cause of everything that is wrong with the Eels at the moment. 

Now that is over, I feel much better and expect the Eels to now win the premiership. 

Bless the boys over there but they are just a small snippet of the delusional people who just refuse to see that this club is on a downward spiral without someone standing up and making some urgent and decisive decisions regarding all aspects of this club and it's future direction.

Against Manly at Brookie ?? We will probably get whacked but that will be because of the lingering effects of the Darwin trip. 

• Hugo, i can tell you now, if we get hammered that will be the first thing brought up that the issue is coming back from Darwin. Even though the previous two years after we lost in Darwin we went on to beat Penrith in Penrith in 2022 and beat Newcastle 43-12 in 2023. But it will be Darwin as to why we get hammered.

It is odd as they kept irriterating that all three aspects (Board, Coaching, Players) deserve blame but focus on Darwin and niggling injuries as main cause. It is either they know deep down what it is but cannot say in fear of losing rights to being involved (That is fair enough) or they say that to cover their arses to those who will disagree and they say we said that is an issue.

You are right, we are going backwards at a rapid rate and havent had any changes in big positions in years. Bennett always changed assistants every 3-5 years to get new ideas. Bellamy does same. 

Oh and by the way Hugo, you forgot one more important thing #StopDarwin. Forget BLM, that is the next protest.

• I think BA probably had the team running ragged prior to the game in 32deg heat which sapped up all their energy .

Just like he did 5/6yrs ago at Brookvale when manly killed us vecause Des had his team cooling off in the sheds prior to the game and dip shit BA had our boys playing out in the heat wave warming up prior to the game which took any wind we had in our sails. Think the score was in the 40s to 6 

• I would accept that if it was their first time or second time in Darwin. This was their 10th. He knew exactly the conditions.

• I know mate I know..... BA is hard headed and doesn't ever seem to learn from his mistakes as we all can see.

Going to the game tonight half I hope me and my boys don't leave embarrassed 

• All lives matter ALM even those that live and play in Darwin!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"I have sat on Boards and I have never been the smartest person in the room. What I did have was the best advice from people that were glad to help the goals I was trying to achieve. That advice came from a World Chairman of one of the world's…"
20 minutes ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"You don't need to be a great player to be on a football board, management experience and a quota of football/sport administration and understanding is the imperative along with a degree of entrenprenaural understanding..
Contrary to Wiz's…"
31 minutes ago
Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Didn't I read recently where Parramatta Council has become a sponsor of the Eels? Maybe part of that agreement was that in return they had someone on the football club Board?"
42 minutes ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Actually Wiz, I have a degree for you, its based in Antartica and is called 30 degrees minus. I initially thought the Arctic but then realised you coud run into Santa Claus and every one knows you would have got up him over the options in Moses and…"
46 minutes ago
More…