Why are we here?

What happened to that early season, scintillating form?

Why do our wingers look like they should be part of a circus?

Why are our halves not combining?

What happened to Matto?

Why does Mahoney continue to pass the ball 2 ft above the receiver's head when we are on the attack and just fucks it?

When is Fergo going to start playing like a back and not a forward? Great hit ups early in the count are fair enough, but when is he going to be a winger?

Sivo seems like he's been drying out and sniffing Kava. Seriously, what the hell happened to this pot of toss?

What happened to our team?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Keep accepting mediocrity mate

• Ever since the knights game, that whole week athur cofused on defence that whole week and our attack is rubbish since 

• Our fifth tackle options were pathetic.

• Our sets have no direction. Where are we trying to get to on the field. 
    When coming off our line are we trying to get to our 40 metre line , then kick to a corner?

When getting into opposition territory , which winger are we trying to isolate with a kick , are we trying to play the ball on the last on the left, right or middle of the field to achieve this.

In the opposition 20 what weakness have we identified. How are we going about isolating that defender so we can attack that part of the defensive line 2/3 times in the set.
    ive been critical of the team the past few weeks because I can't work out what their trying to do. The attack seems haphazard.
    Our halves have edge backrowers who draw in multiple defenders with their sheer size yet unable to create overlaps.

We have Sivo who's the most powerful runner in the comp who should be coming infield early in an attacking set , isolating a defender ie a half and running straight over them. Instead he catches a cold on the wing.

There's no body's in motion close to the line and we've started going sideways looking for a hole rather then creating one.

The ease with which we are getting beat on our outside is Guthos fault. As custodian he should be directing our defensive numbers when we're short on an edge.Were conceding soft try's outwide far to often and it's putting too much pressure on our misfiring attack.

Weve got a lot of work to do , but it's all simple enough to fix. It's too early to show all our cards when we've banked so many wins, as long as those cards are produced in the finals we'll be ok.

• Lets hope BA is holding back waiting to unleash all what you have said in the finals to suprise opposition

• I really like this analysis. I'm not sure about holding our cards. I hope you're right. I agree with your view on our attack. I can't work it out either. We definitely aren't working towards anything in attack in the opposition 20. We have a couple of crash plays, we go left, we go right and kick on the last. No players in motion, no creating the extra man etc. It's all very predictable. We throw that at the Storm and they will lap us. 

• Agree with you 100%. Dylan Brown is out of his depth and ability, Our left side attack offers nothing and is not improving.and he certianly lacks a competitive reliable kicking game.

• I think we've been found out. We came up with some good plays early in the season but have not evolved these like the best teams do. Unfortunately St George did their homework and put together everything that other teams did against us. This comes down to the coach to be honest. I know he must be under pressure, but an NRL coach needs to keep adapting the team's playbook, or else the team goes backwards, as we are seeing.

I can't believe I was sort of hoping for a couple of injuries to some Parra players to keep them out of the team for a couple of weeks. What happened to our team indeed!

• Once again everyone is re-signed, so everyone backs off.Parra's old story.

• i would rather blake green than moses. MM has 1 good game (usually against weak teams) then 3 or 4 duds. The overrated tag seems to fit.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Grunta the great replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Yep it's time for a change...like now!"
15 minutes ago
Grunta the great replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Each to their own..."
17 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"Harper has to be in the bottom 1% of nrl players.  "
22 minutes ago
My Bob replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"In my opinion the side has the ability with MM there. But not the mentality.
The coach couldn't lace Bennetts boots when it comes to man management and instilling a sense of repect / fear / admiration / in his players.
Also i believe all successful…"
39 minutes ago
More…