Mitchell Moses has become the most in-demand player in the NRL, with multiple clubs lining up to attempt to lure the halfback away from Parramatta.

After leading his side to a grand final appearance in 2022, Moses is off-contract at the end of next year and is free to sign with another NRL club for 2024.

The 28-year-old has cemented himself as one of the game's elite playmakers and has attracted plenty of interest from the Tigers and Bulldogs.

But his current club the Eels won't be letting him go without a fight, offering him a multi-year extension to remain in blue and gold.

The Sporting News have ranked Moses' likely landing spots for 2024 and beyond below.

MORE: Every club's top 30 roster for 2023 | Full NRL off-contract list

1. Wests Tigers

The front-runner to sign Mitchell Moses at this stage is the club that let him go five years ago - the 2022 wooden-spoon winners, Wests Tigers. 

A local junior with close ties to the club, Moses moved across to the Eels in 2017 and it has been a major misfire on the Tigers' behalf, with the halfback leading the Eels to multiple finals series while Luke Brooks continued to struggle.

But the new-look coaching staff of Tim Sheens and Benji Marshall are keen to lure Moses back to Concord in 2024, with a big contract being prepared. 

The Sporting News understands that Moses will meet with Tigers officials on Friday and the club are set to offer him a four-year deal worth approximately $1.4 million per season. 

Moses would likely link up with former halves partner Brooks, who the club have put their faith behind after letting Jackson Hastings move to Newcastle.

The 28-year-old would be coming to a club on the up, with quality signings such as Isaiah Papali'i and Api Koroisau boosting their roster and a brand-new centre of excellence a huge bonus. 

2. Canterbury Bulldogs

The other club in the hunt for Moses' signature at this stage appears to be the Bulldogs, with head of football Phil Gould and new coach Cameron Ciraldo looking to sign an elite No.7 moving forward.

Kyle Flanagan hasn't lived up to expectations since arriving at Belmore and with only one year left on his deal, he is unlikely to be offered a new contract as Canterbury look to become a finals force once again.

Gould told The Daily Telegraph that the club are yet to hold talks with Moses, however it is believed they would be interested if he does test the open market. 

Given the improving roster at the Dogs with the likes of Matt Burton, Viliame Kikau and Reed Mahoney, it would be an extremely enticing option for Moses and one that many believe will come to fruition. 

3. Parramatta Eels

While the Tigers and Bulldogs are in the running to pry Moses away from Parramatta, his current club won't be giving up without a fight.

According to The Daily TelegraphMoses has already been tabled an offer worth over $1 million per year to remain at the Eels, but is yet to put pen to paper and is looking to test the waters elsewhere.

Parramatta do have somewhat of a dilemma on their hands, with both their halves - Moses and five-eighth Dylan Brown - without a deal for 2024 and beyond, which will likely see one of them move on at the end of next year. 

After losing star players in Mahoney and Papali'i, the side does look like they could slide down the ladder and the potential loss of Moses or Brown would only add to that. 

Eels decision-makers need to make a choice soon. 

4. Dolphins

It's been no secret that Wayne Bennett has struggled to attract a marquee player to the Dolphins - but could that change with Moses?

While no formal contract has been presented to either off-contract Eels star, Bennett would undoubtedly be monitoring the situation with both Moses and Brown very closely.

After missing out on Cameron Munster and Kalyn Ponga, the Redcliffe-based expansion club need a game-winner in their side and would be silly not to put forward an offer for one of them. 

5. South Sydney Rabbitohs

Certainly a left-field choice and one that hasn't been spoken about - but there's a chance that Souths could put in an offer for Moses depending on what happens with their own halves.

As it stands, Cody Walker is still off-contract at the end of 2023 and is yet to sign a new deal to remain at Redfern, while Lachlan Ilias has signed an extension but it likely won't be on the same kind of money as his current partner.

Could we see Moses join the Bunnies in 2024 and Walker head to the Dolphins to link up with his former coach in Wayne Bennett? 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Look if we loose Moses we are gone for many years to come.I'm sure if he goes Brown will go and Penisini @Sivo probably won't resign.My God is ONeill still associated with the Tigers because it appears so.Under Bernie Gurr this would not happen these players that we wanted would be retained without fuss.Just remember fixed the Watmough and Foran situation up after BA brought them over from Manly

• Another slow news day LOL.

Chief, this isn't your article so you need to credit the author or publication.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rugby-league/news/where-will-mitche...

Where will Mitchell Moses be playing in 2024? Ranking the halfback's likely destinations
    Mitchell Moses has become the most in-demand player in the NRL, with multiple clubs lining up to attempt to lure the halfback away from Parramatta.
  • I just cant see him going to the tigers. He couldn't wait to get out of the joint 5 years ago and it's not like they have improved since then 

• Honestly I think all the Moses talk is an ambush.I think every club and there dog knows it's DB they really want.

DB is Parra's future I hope for the love of god they get this guy signed and signed long term.

Gould Sheens Bennett I bet you if they had a choice they'd take DB I'd put money on it.

• Why do we have to choose one? Why is everyone saying we have to choose one., it's rubbish 

• 1.4 million. MM is not worth that money at any club. Mitch is a very good player but no winner. The pressure he would be under, hearing how the 1.4mill player needs to win games.

And Mitch is not a pressure player, for mine if Mitch goes to the Tigers it will be the start of the end of his career. The next Luke Brooks.

• Anyone able to post Dean Ritchie's article from today on 'how Gus has lured Moses'.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Graham polkinghorne replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
" We needed lomax before Talagi came on the scene. If a crystal ball would show us Blaize turns out to be an excellent centre, we would not be chasing Lomax.
Would Blaize hang around for 2 seasons to cement a FG spot?
Lomax would be worth every penny…"
7 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to Avon Barksdale's discussion NRL admits bunker got it wrong on roosters obstruction call
"I said in a previous post that common sense has gone out the window with refereeing  today. There  all basically clones to a system. In other words they are as dumb as dog shit. "
11 minutes ago
Pork Rind replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I think Lomax hanging around with Corey Norman too much  while he was there. We don't need anymore of these players in our team"
30 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Frank, Gus highly recommends The Dynasty in Belmore, as having sublime Chinese to die for."
30 minutes ago
More…