Replies

• The only reason I can give is that he wants to stick by the team unlike Stuart who would have bolted for the door; and credit for good management in face of the cap scandal.
  • 1) We would need to pay out his 2019 contract

2) Our problems are deeper than the Head Coach. We desperately need an experienced Head of Football to oversee the formation of the game’s highest calibre and best resourced Football Department. (Bernie needs to stop embarrassing himself and step aside from this role)

3) Getting a new Head Coach for 2019 may bring some instant success but without Point 2 it will be short lived and we’ll be back here in a few years. 

Not saying BA should be untouchable but I’m more interested in establishing the proper foundations for long term success. Penrith aren’t killing it because of Griffin. It’s much larger than just one man. 

• Agree.  Focusing on one man in this is nuts.   

• This reply was deleted.
      • Well said mate, can’t disagree with any of that

• This. Brad needs to stay on and the club makes a final determination by round 12 next season - if he can't turn things around with the full support of Bernie and prominent others, then goodbye. The way M Jennings defended last night was extremely uncharacteristic - he let in 3 to 4 tries and with it went the demise of the Eels. 

• Exactly Mutt. There are some average coaches doing very well this year. Look at St George for instance - they were hopeless the last few years but should make the top 8 easily and will probably do very well, with the same coach. Souths have a rookie coach too and they are doing well. Getting a new coach now is like putting lipstick on a pig, and won't really get to the core issue at the club that has been simmering away. In fact you could argue that the club has never really been at the top of it's game and it was only through the skills of a number of people that we hold 4 premiership titles. Jack Gibson started the ball rolling, but the club never built on that. We have never recovered from that mistake.

• They are fkn passing the ball they score they win fuck ba he tells the boys off for passing he wants 1 man out crap ba is the only problem he is in charge so he should go first stupid unicorns don’t want Parra to win or make finals its fkn 1 in 5 years people times up piss off ba and take your unicorn supporters with u to manly

• Spot on Mutt. Could not agree more.

People also dribbling over coaches like Siebold etc need to look at what he inherited and what our coach has inherited. Teams like Souffs have a few rep and international players in the roster.

• Our coach inherited that team 5 fucking seasons ago, this is the Fire dumpster of a team he built.  Sure it's not all the coaches fault and we should be looking at cleaning out the whole football department but if anyone thinks that BA is the man to take this club forward and a chance at twinning a comp is absolutely deluded and need to a visit to the looney bin.

• surely BA can fix our right side defence tho?????

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frank The Tank replied to Offside's discussion Hayze Perham
"That's the kind of signing we love...."
2 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 3 Team List v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
"You reckon? My monies on Jnr..."
5 minutes ago
Clintorian replied to Offside's discussion Hayze Perham
"I think the Dogs have proven he's not up to it, so I don't know why we would get him back.
He's no better than Asi or Blaise, so he's wasting a spot."
16 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 3 Team List v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
"Probably injury "
18 minutes ago
More…