Parramatta Eels have today announced the appointment of Trent Barrett to join the Club as an NRL Assistant Coach for two years from the 2023 season.

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said, “Trent has a wealth of football experience which he has harnessed over almost three decades as an elite player and coach, I’m sure he will contribute significantly to help enhance our football program.”

Barrett has a decorated career as a player with 235 NRL games for Illawarra Steelers, St George Illawarra Dragons and Cronulla Sharks, and an additional 60 games for Wigan in the UK. He has represented NSW and won 15 caps for Australia.

Barrett has extensive coaching experience with Canterbury Bulldogs, Manly Sea Eagles and as an assistant coach with Penrith Panthers.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “Brad identified Trent Barrett as someone who could add great value to our football program. We all agreed that to be the case based on Trent’s credentials and experience. I know he will be a wonderful fit for our club as we seek to continuously improve each and every year. I look forward to welcoming Trent and his family to our club”.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So Barrett isn't an improvement on what we have as an attacking coach now.

I'm confused it just seems as though if it's not a forum favourite or Bennett Bellamy or Robbo BAs an idiot.

I mean what is it hey let's hire some deadbeat like Flanagan which no club in the nrl is touching.

• Maybe Barrett might be but look who he's working with and it depends how much actual say Barrett has. It's all a smoke screen for Super Dud

• How is it a smoke screen his roles clear.

Hes going to be in charge of the attack what smoke screen are you referring too.

• A Perfect Circle - The Doomed [Official Video] - YouTube

• You have all got short memories Barrett was welcomed back at Panthers a second time. Three times too many but I thought it could happen. A popular assistant coach with players.  Well liked he was able to draw Pangai Jnr, Burton and Kikau to Dogs.  His role is of lesser involvement here and he will be good for Eels in a limited capacity

• Looks like he's the attacking coach. BA: “I spoke to him not long ago & he’s going to come on board for us next year & work closely with our halves & he’ll take full reins with our attack."

‘He’ll take full reins’: Arthur reveals Barrett’s key role at Eels, phone call that sparked coachin…
    ‘Take full reins’: Arthur reveals Baz’s key role at Eels, phone call that sparked coaching return
    • So the 46 dollar question is who takes on full reins with our defense????????????????????????????? Our defence is *Beep*ing Shit and the current defensive coaching is *Beep* ing up the *beep*ing creek. (Saved you the edits HOE :) )

• MB, good question, the fact is, BA needs somebody to take the reins of both, because he's simply not up to it himself.

Which leads to the. question,  why is he still coach if we legit need guys to come in and have him fully hand the reins over in both D and A?

Whats Brads job now? its certainly not motivation or tactics because he cant do either.

Why is he here? a fluffer?

• That's what Trent Robinson does at the roosters, he is purely a man manager.  Maybe being purely a man manager is the right fit for BA. Fuck me I'm so depressed knowing BA is still going to be head coach next season no matter what.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
""Mal had Slater signed up and delivered to their door" WTF are you talking about!!  "
10 minutes ago
Michael Ericson replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"He showed way more ability in that first half than Jake Arthur displayed in 20 games with us. "
15 minutes ago
Hugo replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"I shudder to think what Walsh and Cobbo will do to us. Might be a cricket score."
19 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"I thought Sanders was outstanding. 
Funny when they asked BA in the presser he said ..yeah he went ok. Did a few things wrong in D But was good. 
Personally I think he was much much better than Talagi and BA waxed lyrically about Talagi. 
A couple…"
21 minutes ago
More…