Sunny turuva

I'd rather get sunny turuva over lomax and play him at fullback he has plenty of speed and is safe under the high ball and play gutho at centre

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Only thing is, Penrith are starting to become Melbourne in that if you leave you usually do not succeed elsewhere. Not saying Turuva cannot be a weapon leaving Penrith, however who has left Penrith lately and succeeded out of their system? Koroisau perhaps but he had played in other systems before going to Penrith.

• I think for wingers it's an easier adjustment as for the most part it's meter eating and finishing for the most part.

The only other real adjustment is getting used to playing with a different player inside him and getting timing in attack and defense.

• You want more than just a metre eater at fullback. Can he ball play, can he pass, can he organise. The problem is wingers these days want to play fullback because the pay is better.

• He's a great finisher bout it 

• Reminds me of Charlie Staines. I don't get the hype. 

• Turuva is a good player. The endless criticism of Sivo because at 30 years of age he doesn't run kamikaze style at the line wouldn't apply to Turuva as he has boundless energy. He is also just as good a finisher as Sivo. Possibly lose a bit in the air as he is shorter but overall would be a good replacement for Sivo as the big guy approaches the end. The panthers get a lot out of Turuva and To'o out of the backfield. They are the best in the comp so if we are looking at an upgrade in that area that's where you look. 

• Love this player. Always turns up, never dogs it. I can't recall him dropping a ball in the air. Excellent finisher. Excellent defender.

We need to be looking at transitioning Sivo away from the club. 

The absolute perfect player for the Eels and would be the player is be targeting way before Lomax. 

• Turuva is good but not what we need at the moment 

Lomax is a far better option. He is more versatile, can kick goals and there is the possibility of getting him now as Turuva would be next year.

Although both would be outstanding. 

• Wouldn't that be great ! The plusses on Turuva side is his attitude , Turuva is faster and the fact that we could probably get him for 450k compared to the 800k that we would have to pay Lomax. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"And to be honest, if they went I couldn't give a fuck. Better the new coach gets to build his own squad than to be left with overpaid players that don't want to be here anyways. As we've seen at other clubs , halves and FBs aren't that hard to find…"
2 minutes ago
Hugo replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Again anyone thinking in anyway that Arthur will.look in the mirror and resign is delusional. 
If the board have the stones to let him go it will be very ugly and Arthur will bring in every trick in the book to make the transition as difficult as it…"
6 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 posted a discussion
Can't argue with the facts-   NRL FINALS COACHING RECORD - MODERN ERA Craig Bellamy 63.3 % finals win rate 31 wins 18 losses. Ricky Stuart 62.5% Phil Gould 61.1% Ivan Cleary 60.9% Jack Gibson 60.7% Tim Sheens 59.4% Trent Robinson 58.3%…
6 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Surley Dylan doesn't have a BA clause on his 40 year contract. And the coin we paid the other two , we are fucking morons if we still added a clause on coaching. They may as well have handed them a blank contract and told them to fill it out…"
7 minutes ago
More…