Stuart's wish list - 2013

MICHAEL JENNINGS recently reopened debate about his future by criticising the Panthers club management and saying he was not certain about what lay ahead for him and now we may know why. The mail had been strong for some time that Ricky Stuart was going to the Eels - clubs were telling me that off-contract players had discussions with Stuart about joining him at Parramatta. Now you will remember it was Stuart who plucked Jennings from the Windsor Wolves and put him straight into the Origin team, where he regained confidence and form. Stuart hasn't wasted any time in his capacity as Eels coach talking to managers about potential players and Jennings's name came up in discussions with his manager, Isaac Moses. It's my understanding that Moses told Stuart that Jennings was happy at Penrith for now. Whether the Panthers want Jennings there long term given he is on $690,000 next year is another question. ''I enjoyed coaching Michael at Origin and I'm happy he's found his feet again at Penrith because he's a very important player for them going forward,'' said Stuart, who doesn't want to be used up by managers who know Parra are on a rebuilding campaign. He is in the process of meeting significant player managers in coming weeks. I've got no doubt that Stuart's main target will be Greg Bird, who is so close to his NSW coach that Stuart's kids idolise the Titans star. When asked about Bird, Stuart said: ''Greg is contracted until the end of next season.'' The Eels have money to spend. "I'll be in the market for players for next year but I'm not looking for a quick fix," Stuart said. There are also rumblings Stuart will have a lash at Johnathan Thurston, who is off contract at the end of next year. But the Eels will have to have a very successful 2013 to lure Thurston, who wants to win another competition before he retires and would only consider leaving the Cowboys for a team with the potential to go all the way. There's no doubt the Dogs will try to get him back - but if he was ever to leave Townsville, Souths appear the perfect fit. He is a proud indigenous sports star and the Bunnies have embraced that better than any other team.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/defiant-carney-rejects-drug-rumours-20120728-233yt.html

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• anytime babe

• Do not need Jennings, i was all for it at one stage but taking a look at what we may have in the next few years for centres, i wouldnt even consider it.

We will have

J Loko

R Morgan

W Tonga

C Blair

W hoppa(maybe for centre)

I folau

• I thought Tonga was ending next year

• except folau is not a given at all

• Can't forget, Vai Toutai, Connor Broadhurst, Jon Pepa, Troy Savage and we'll probably have some more young gun centres coming through, this club will never be short of centres and second-rowers

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Frankie Fong's discussion WHO WOULD OF WON IN A PUNCH UP BETWEEN BRAITH & LATRELL?
"Spot on wiz, latrel needs to walk away from the game because he can't handle the heat. Got to be the biggest cry baby in the game and everyone is over his crap. If he doesn't walk the nrl need to come down hard on him but they won't because they are…"
14 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Wild_Eels's discussion Sivo to Cowboys?
"He is a cancer of the game, the players love him though because he gets every cent and condition possible for his clients. Good at the job but crucifies the nrl and clubs along the way. Be good to get rid of Sivo and a few others along the way. "
24 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"I know his family and him, no way he will. He wants to be at parra or he will go down Canberra and link up with the other youngsters he played a fair bit of rep footy with growing up. "
29 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to swiftedtayla's discussion rape allegation
"He's upset with me as he did offer me a second hand Clark Rubber pool he'd swapped for a set of an old woman's dentures. But I knocked him back. "
51 minutes ago
More…