Replies

• A lot of these guys are fringe first graders. I think Parry will stuggle to get time in the top grade. I had big hopes for him but I dont think he has improved at all

• I only watched the highlights but from what i could it was basically unknowns on both sides. Well at least when most of the souths tries were scored. I suspect you've jumped the gun in suggesting our first graders got beat by reserve graders. Its a trial. The result is irrelevant. Look what we did to newcastle in that trial in 2018, then look at 2018... 

Relax

• One thing you can take out of last nights trial is the Eels still have work to do in regards to building their overall roster, whilst the top 20-25 players are pretty good our reserve grade/back up players need to be bolstered, that Souths squad was pretty big and played with enthusiasm and steel while our reserve grade players were lacking in intensity and were error riddled.

• This reply was deleted.
    • From what I saw of the game, there are pluses and more minuses but not prepared to write the team off at this early point in the season.  Souths had players of size but I don't recognise many of the players though, so would have bee a predominately 2nd stringers, Burgess certainly made step up game for them though.

Once again though we lose a game owing to poor goal kicking, after watching the game, I do not rate Davies as a back up 7, his replacement in Keighan in the 2nd half I thought was better.  Parry and Salmon need to really lift their games to be even considered for the NRL squad, or bench, put Gennings on the bench at 26 for CC matches, has size and some speed but gee he has learnt absolutely nothing in reading a game or knowing what his position on the wing should be.

Watching on a computer monitor of a game on a poorly lit field did not help identifying players, and several of the eels replacements hand no numbers on their backs, the team picked on the eels webb site, simply lists the players with no numbers allocated to them, and no numbers with any later team list a very poor show for mine,

For the forwards I thought RCC did well, Evans was more evans than anything though, Kafusi I think was the pick of the pack in the 2nd half, with Alvaro doing ok, young Fonua has a bit of learning to do but I thought he went well overall, has a fair amount of power in his game.

I'm dissapointed with the loss as we should have at least leveled with Souths or won had we had a decent goal kicker.

Next weeks trial against Panthers, which should show us a better look at the season ahead.

• 3890188095?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Obums replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"He has been terrible since he put out that boring doco."
13 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"Do you watch first grade? Give him a crack, if he sinks move on to the next. "
1 hour ago
Bourbon Man replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Fair enough mate. 
We're all looking for answers. "
2 hours ago
Steel be with you replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"I would be looking to move him on now. He is contracted until the end of 2025 but we should be looking to move him by November 2024. We can pay the last year of his contract out. He can come over here to England and play for one of our teams."
2 hours ago
More…