18. Sean Russell

19. Luca Moretti

20. Daejarn Asi

21. Wiremu Grieg

22. Blaize Talagi

INs: Maika Sivo, Ethan Sanders, Brendan Hands, Makahesi Makatoa

OUTs: Sean Russell, Daejarn Asi, Bryce Cartwright, Blaize Talagi

Referee: Gerard Sutton 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mutts you  can go through the entire board and their is not one person who is of any benefit to the club and I haven't even mentioned their cluster of piss poor decisions. 

If Parramatta  had the right people on the board from 2017 who had the skills and abilities to take advantage of all the huge advantages the club has at it's doorstep the club would be a Monster in the game today .

Another disturbing thing is the fact we have to rely on the leagues club board to select new directors for the football club , their are no winners on that board who would give you a ounce of confidence that they know what type of people are required for the football club board. 

• The Football Club Board does not have a single Rugby League expert on it. Not one. Anyone else think that is a MASSIVE problem? 
              No Board member has ever had to make a coaching appointment. They've only ever known one coach, BA was here before they all were appointed. No Board member has the requisite experience to determine if BA is doing a good job, or pathways are working well, or if change is needed and if so who should we be chasing. 
              All current Board members are certainly accomplished in their personal careers of Banking, Private equity, Human Resources, consumer products, law enforcement and insurance. But none, not a single one of them has ever been involved in NRL prior to this appointment. They have no frame of reference to determine what our next move should be. This is frightening. 
              This Board desperately needs an experienced NRL voice. We need our own Greg Alexander, Phil Gould, Paul Harrigan type who can lead on football matters. 

• The sad thing is that Parramatta doesn't have any ex players who could fill that role apart from Sterling and he would never help club out . 

• The PNRL board are, like any board, there to set the objectives of the organisation, ensure appropriate governance, and hire/fire the CEO.

There are a few challenges with the way things are currently set up. Firstly, the PNRL board positions are all non paid roles - if you look at the people on the board (most of them sitting on multiple boards) their appointments are obviously a favour to the prior administration, and helping them pad their directorship resumes. Do these people care about the Eels? Most probably not.

With that in mind, and with their experience how are they judging Sarantinos? The answer, by the usual metrics for a CEO. Good financial results, sound governance, no scandals. Jim is ticking those boxes. So I'm sure the board themselves consider the job done.

So if the board don't care about football results, and Jim isn't held to football results...who are we left with?

Mark O'Neill.

And he's been a clear failure for many years with zero repercussions.

This comes back to the point I've been pushing on for a pretty long while now. We are an organisation still set up to be conservative, tightly governed and safe. This is a consequence of our previous administration who completely screwed us to the point of government intervention.

But now we need to move forward. We have established tight and controlled governance, we have safeguards in place, the reforms are through. Time to start shifting the board and putting committees in place that focus on football results, excellence and innovation.

Without that change we'll forever be a tightly governed organisation with no soul run like a corporate (where "steady as she goes" is a great outcome. We are a sports team - steady as she goes means never winning. We need to have bold leadership that pushes the boundaries in the interest of excellence and winning. At the moment, that ain't what we got.

• Very well said. 
                  I personally did my part to help ensure the constitutional reforms happened and overall they've been an outstanding success. As you say, from a corporate viewpoint the Eels are extremely successful. All the necessary boxes have been ticked. 
                  But that's now baseline in the NRL. Almost all NRL clubs are well run organisations these days, profitable, predictable revenue growth and solid governance frameworks.

However the Eels must now evolve once more. I'm not for special committees. Committees have no teeth. We need to  make some further structural tweaks. 
                  1) The Football club Board needs at least one football expert on it. Someone with vast NRL senior management or a former player who have represented at the highest level. Penrith have Greg Alexander for instance. 
                  2) The Football Club Board must be subject to greater scrutiny from members. Members should have the right to veto a PNRL Director's appointment. Or at least those appointments must be ratified by members. We currently have a Chairman who is not accountable to anyone it would seem. 
                  3) We need a new Head of Football - Matt Cameron is an obvious choice and with the right offer I'm sure we could entice him. 

The feeling I'm getting is that the current Board / Executive view the Football Department as merely one spoke in the overall Eels business. And BA is just another senior manager in the organisation. There seems a complete disconnect between the corporate goals and the goals of a professional sporting organisation (winning premierships). 
                  It feels like the club is at a cross roads. Despite the emergence of some decent local products overall our lower grades are performing well below expectations. It wasn't that long ago that the Eels would win the club championship. The NRL side is in trouble and the roster is aging. If we don't act now, we could be in for a long period of bottom 8 existence. 

• I think the next 3 games will decide Brad's future at the Eels. His team know he is under pressure from the media and a poor performance from them will be his death knell.

• Yeah I don't want us to lose but if it goes south big time .. I'm cheering for 70 points !!

• Yep if there's any chance of a flogging this week I'm praying for irreparable damage (80 plus) so that the board is forced to walk this clown once and for all.

There's no recovery from that ....

Call me a shitcunt fan I'll wear that like a badge of honour if that means BA F's off.

• And by the way to the idiot who is crying about this comment on the other site. We don't really hope they lose by 80 ! In fact we would rather them win. We were just expressing our frustration , having a laugh. 

Just remember if we say that we are so hungry we could eat a horse, please don't report us to the RSPCA  - dolt. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Adam Magrath replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Why take the risk in his last job on us? We are the perfect candidate, all the foundations are there. He gets the opportunity to accomplish something no one else has either been able to or willing to undertake for almost 40 years!!! What a way to go…"
2 hours ago
Tad replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"I think Bennett is around 73 74 How many years coaching does he have left on him? Is that really what Parra need right now and do we start the whole thing again in a couple of years?
Maybe if Chieka (sp) could be a better longer term option and…"
3 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Can't believe how many dumb fools are here, NO player has a get out clause if BA is sacked or leaves, I can guarantee that 100%."
5 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"I can see it now, Bennett signs 24 players to replace the ones who had clauses in their contracts, headed by the Bromych bros, Kaufusi and an elite halves combo in Nikorima and Milford."
5 hours ago
More…