18. Brendan Hands

19. Morgan Harper

20. Ethan Sanders

21. Wiremu Grieg

22. Luca Moretti

INs: None

OUTs: None

Referee: Chris Butler

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I remember when Jason Taylor took over as interim coach in the mid 2000's and he blooded heaps of youth like Hayne and Inu. Pretty sure he was coaching second grade that year so he knew how good they were

Barrett's not gonna blood youth cos it's a gamble. He's playing it safe by sticking with experience. 

This year is a write off so I'd love to see more youth get a go but doesnt look like it will happen

• I remember being at the old Parra stadium when he took over. It was against Newcastle. Brian Smith refused to promote Jarryd Hayne and the first thing JT did was promote him to FG. Pretty sure he scored 4 tries that night too. Who knows, might have saved his arse that year if he had promoted Hayne.

• And Hayne had a poor attitude ever since. Brian Smith didn't hold Hayne back because he didn't think he was a good player, it was because he knew the kid needed to learn a valuable life lesson and mature a bit. Brian smith was a school teacher , he saw Haynes future if he wasn't taught a few lessons in humility. 

If JT didn't promote him on his natural ability only , who knows what Haynes life may have turned out 20 years down the track.  Straight from Smithy's mouth , " Jarryd Hayne was a young smart arse who turned up late , thought he knew it all , and hadn't had to earn a spot in a team since he picked up a ball " 

Steelers reunion circa 2015i( ish) 

• And to this day he's an arrogant fuck wit

• Seemed pretty clear for a long time that Hindy in particular didn't get along with Jarryd. And I think it's 100% because of the reasons you mention. Reckon they would ha e had some almighty blow ups behind closed doors. Have thought it also a reason Parra had a definite fracture not long after, with players 'siding' with either Hindy or Hayne. Throw in a handful of coaches who couldn't control the spiral and boom, eventually a couple of spoons. 

• Spot on wiz, it was an easy decision for Taylor to make, he needed to impress and he, like everyone else involved in eels junior league, knew the talent hayne had.

Smith was trying to make hayne earn something for once.

• Jt took over v penrith and Hayne made his debut

• Inu was blooded in 07 under hages 

• Worse time to play souths at indigenous round, they nearly won last week, now Bennett confirmed, they are going to be hard to beat

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eels95 replied to Adam Mogg's discussion Ryles- complete clean out happening.
"And it still hasn't been proven to be the correct decision? I have a good feeling about Ryles but he hasn't proven anything yet."
2 minutes ago
Marty replied to Adam Mogg's discussion Ryles- complete clean out happening.
"George can stay, his girls are rippin' the Broncos apart atm"
16 minutes ago
Eels95 replied to Adam Mogg's discussion Ryles- complete clean out happening.
"Georgallis is definitely a good addition and should be kept.  He has been around the game a long time. 
He also just got our wooden spoon team to knock off the heavy weight Broncos. You can tell the girls have been properly coached this season.…"
28 minutes ago
Kurupt - Wallet Inspector replied to Adam Mogg's discussion Ryles- complete clean out happening.
"Replace BA with who was also the go to argument. "
35 minutes ago
More…