Raiders no halfback getting pumped

First game without fogarty and they are getting pumped at home.

A halfback with a long kicking game is so important to where u start to defend a set after a kick. Also, impacts your 5th tackle play.  They have just lost 40-0 at home.

look what the roosters did to dragons with walker back.

this is not a defend BA blog, he still should be sacked imo. However, we are a different team with Moses in the team. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Actually you remind me of the Judge in the Bruce Lehrmann case, you were doing ok untill you went back for your hat.

• Ah! more facts !! why would Woolys employ an executive to pack shelves when they have people like you available Chiefy?

Hop in the ring with Fongy when you figure that out and then come back with your answer......

• Not doing too bad Mr Poppa, two against one, or should I say, one and a half against one, not sure if this Chief character is under or just over 10. I hear you like horse racing Poppa, if that's the case, in racing terminology, you are 6 lengths in front, riding hands and heels with a 100mtrs to go. BTW, this Frankie Fong character doesn't seem to like bankers, what would hes/her occupation be?.

• Thanks for your support Michael, if you are over 65 you can obtain membership of the nursing home brigade.....Sluggy is the President and you will note that they don't go after him. 

Fongy has something to do with Real Esate in the Cabramatta area. Are you based in Sydney Michael, I understand that Cabramatta is the drug capital of Sydney, but Fongy sure has some contacts, you would have thought with his connections he would be on the Parra board by now?

• Real estate ay, so, in other words a car salesman type person. Not quite at that age as yet Poppa. A few years ago I received my masters in psychology, and since then I have been researching how and why certain words have an impact on certain individuals, it's amazing to think subconsciously we relive and re-enact our past through these 'trigger' words. Which brings me to one Frankie Fong, I've noticed he mentions "Devon sandwich" quite a lot. What this tells me is, he is either rebellious against his parents for bringing him up on Devon sandwiches or, they are his comfort food, puts him at ease when under stress. This is all conjecture, I would need to have a session with him to get a true analysis.

• You are going to be a special person if you can psychoanalyse Fongy, Michael, good luck with his "devon dillema" it seems you must have been lurking for a while to see that one. I think his current problem is he thinks everyone is a "dope".

Look forward to seeing you around the site, I have noticed you don't seem to tolerate fools on here...... good luck with that one! Lol

• I have a sudden craving for a Devon sandwich with tomato sauce

• Well said, NOS. The Panthers have the best-cultured structures (along with the Storm) & have out-and-out halfback cover for Cleary (O'Sullivan, Coggar, Falls, Schneider). 

Go watch R5 Storm v Broncos.

Compare the 1st half (low possession to the Broncos) with Reynolds to the 2nd without Reynolds (higher possession to the Broncos).

The Broncos were a completely different team without Reynolds. Headless clunky chooks. And their attack and eventually defence suffered as a consequence due to the pressure the Storm built through their structures that Broncos missed in the 2nd half. 

The Eels' despite being known for their power "Chasing the Collison" game and being highly-structured "grinders" are only part-time grinders.

They often switch on and off week to week or half to half susceptible to blowout losses on an off day. They're been like that for many, many years.

So, no, we're not always well structured or execute the fundamentals well. The DNA is as part timers. So, without Moses or a genuine half to dominate or manage the structures by the scruff of the neck - and kick out way our of trouble - they're really in the crap house. Both in attack and defence.

Because if you're not structured well or doing the fundamentals well consistently enough - chasing hard off a good kicking game, running hard, tackling hard with your body (not flapping hands), staying aware off the ball, keeping the defensive shape and adapting (not lazy inside men compressing the ruck defence), the back three making metres on return taking pressure off the forwards and so on - you can't really build pressure on the opposition or open opportunities and vulnerabilities for unstructured attack, second phase and eyes-up footy. That is assuming you have the footy nous to take advantage of it. Another issue. Losing Moses loses 60% plus of the footy IQ in the team.

PS: You can see the difference Sanders made on Friday night. Because he's got some footy IQ. Far more than Talagi. It helped a bit even if he's still raw and will make mistakes. It'll take years in his development.

• Exactly, HOE. 

Completely agree with all of it. 

The Panthers (and Storms as you mentioned) are merticulous with their systems & structures, professionalism, fundementals & attention to detail, incomparable to the Eels.

Their processes are so well drilled that they replace one brick with a like-for-like other - the wall isn't as strong, but doesnt come crashing down, either.

Moses was always going to hurt, but again I think he's simply a talented mask covering the real issues. 

• Brown does need to earn his keep, and for me just like Paulo, Lane, Matterson etc. who have been on v good coin for a while. I think Brown is not used to 'thinking' during the game and being tacital;he has been more or less a free type player coming in and out matches; defence has always been decent, but building a game is harder.

Two things, Melbourne play tough and defend well consistenly and Bellamy has a proven record in developing halves i.e. Cronk and now Hughes.

Brisbane will always have talent up there with or without a decent coach...

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Muttman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize offered 3 years 1.1 mill contract.
"Blaize has had huge wraps on him his entire junior career. Played Origin, won a SG Ball GF. Matty John's called him a blue ribbon junior. There's no way Isaac Moses would have agreed to a long term deal when it was obvious that NRL was getting…"
33 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to HKF's discussion Eels leaders in player options
"Definitely need to clean out the old dead wood. Heaps of you talent going around. Just need to get the expensive dead wood out. "
1 hour ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize offered 3 years 1.1 mill contract.
"I reckon you've hacked me coryn.  Why are you going in about gst lol."
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize offered 3 years 1.1 mill contract.
"It's not so much the offer it's the way it's being handled . An offer like this should be only released in conjunction to the signing .  This kids still not even NRL quality and yet we are now locked into a public auction for him.   It's ridiculous…"
1 hour ago
More…