QUESTION ?

Some simple questions here for the good folks of 1eyed eel .

1. When was the last time eels football club members voted ? 

When was the last time  a football club AGM was held ?.

How and when can eels football club  members make changes to the board ?

Can football club members removed the entire board in one go ?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I could be wrong but didn't members vote for the board to make all the decisions. That members took there own choice away and left it all in hands of the club. This is going back a bit and I've never really got into the politics of it. 

• Before constitutional reform the Leagues Club Board ran the NRL side 100%. Spagnolo, Sharp et al got themselves involved in all aspects from player negotiations, R&R etc. The results of which are self evident. 
    After the Administrator was appointed the members voted for a change to the constitution. This saw the formation of two separate entities and two separate Boards. 
    The Leagues Club Board is as per most licensed clubs. Members elect for Board positions and go to a member vote. This is a 7 member Board with 2 positions up for re-election each year. The Leagues club Board provides 2 of its Directors to the PNRL Board. 
    The PNRL Board is seperate to the Leagues Club Board (it is owned by the Leagues Club)   The PNRL comprises of 2 Leagues Club Directors and 5 appointed Directors. The 5 appointed Directors do not have to be Leagues Club members and can be appointed by invitation only. I'm not sure of the process or selection criteria. From memory selection is skills based to ensure the Board has the necessary skill set. The PNRL Board is responsible for the NRL operations. Jim Sarantinos reports to this Board. This is the entity which your ticketed or non-ticketed memberships belong to. It is separate from the Leagues Club. 
    This structure is similar to most NRL clubs in 2024. The NRL licence is mostly held by private interests or as in our case, a separate entity away from the licensed club. (I think the Bulldogs still have the NRL licence held by the Leagues Club hence the election headlines every year or so). 

• This is the same as most clubs Fong. Roosters included. 

• I know , but the fact the leagues club board have kept this two bit football club board for this long shows that they have little idea.

• Mutts one last question , can the leagues club board get rid of the football club board in one go ?  

• I don't know for sure but technically, as the owners I guess they can. I'd need advice on that though. 

• Members of the leagues club board still have power to vote 2 sitting board members off each year. Thats some power, not neccessarily zero.

This whole process was brought in to bring stability and the ability to forward plan the football club with continuity. As we had previously the entire leagues club board could be changed with one vote and thus the football club would have a new direction as well which meant a new coach every couple of years.

I think this Stability model and the word that is in vouge at the club " stabilty of football operations" and the sense of long term planning has been the catalyst for Arthur keeping his job for this long.  I think we are all but at the end of his tenure though and a long term replacement is being considered, should he fail this year.

• Members have zero power and little say when it comes to the football club board and have to rely on the leagues club board to make the right decisions for the football club

Members also don't get to grill the football club directors about their performance and decisions.

Anyway I already new this , I just wanted to play dumb  and see who would post the actual truth.

Thanks for posting this Mutts , you always have honour and you are without doubt a Parramatta man with no hidden bullshit , unlike some .

• There's also multiple reasons why the football club is a separate entity to the League's club and that this is standard practice across basically all the clubs...and it's got next to nothing to do with the success of the football team.

The League's club also only really have tangential interest in the success of the football club - their revenue (like most clubs) could quite easily grow when the football club is unsuccessful.

If the question being asked here is "How do we, as fans, provide influence and feedback as to our feelings of the football club?", the answer is simple.

Hit them where it's visible - football memberships.

• The Parramatta Leagues Club and therefore the members of the leagues club still own the Parramatta Football Club. They are still in charge of all funding of the football club, they own the NRL licence and they own the football club.

The Leagues club board  nominates two from its board to sit on the football club board.

The other 5 directors of the football club board are still nominated by the leagues club board but do not sit on the Leagues club board. " that is the idea of independant".

The football club Board are in charge of all Football Operations and the running of the junior league.

:::

So In effect voting for the leagues club board of directors is still the way to effect change, or putting public pressure on the leagues club board to change the football club board. " Really same same in the long run", as the leagues club board determine who sits on the football board.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Adam Magrath replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Why take the risk in his last job on us? We are the perfect candidate, all the foundations are there. He gets the opportunity to accomplish something no one else has either been able to or willing to undertake for almost 40 years!!! What a way to go…"
2 hours ago
Tad replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"I think Bennett is around 73 74 How many years coaching does he have left on him? Is that really what Parra need right now and do we start the whole thing again in a couple of years?
Maybe if Chieka (sp) could be a better longer term option and…"
3 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Can't believe how many dumb fools are here, NO player has a get out clause if BA is sacked or leaves, I can guarantee that 100%."
5 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"I can see it now, Bennett signs 24 players to replace the ones who had clauses in their contracts, headed by the Bromych bros, Kaufusi and an elite halves combo in Nikorima and Milford."
5 hours ago
More…