Penrith are the team to beat.

Who watching the Panthers? Boy they are playing fantastic football, big quick outside backs, strong forwards, great in attack & defence. Smashing Canberra 24-0 at half time & Canberra ain’t playing bad, will we be ready for them? Who can stop them? 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Penrith are definetely the form team of the comp. They will struggle to maintain these performances and perhaps peaked to early but we cannot predict that. Hence, we should give credit to them as they deserve. However, I will say that out of the top teams, an injury to their best player (Cleary) will make them alot worser team than say an injury to Tedesco, Moses, Munster, Smith and Keary for their respective teams. Not because he is that much better than those players but rather how many key roles (kicking and playmaking) he has in penrith. 

For Sunday, I would love to see eels make a statement and silent all their critiques saying they are no premiership contenders.

• They remind of the 2001 Eels and we all know what happened there 

• How do they remind you is the eels in 2001? That team shits all over this panthers side and every other side in the current competition by so many miles its embarrassing.

That 2001 eels side would flog the current panthers side by at least 80 points then flog the current or last years chooks side by 50  the following week then flog the storm by 60 the nexr week, the standard of the game and players today is so inferior to then its not funny. 

• Frankie he was referring to their relative dominance, there’s no denying the similarities. They are dominating poor teams in a similar way to the ‘01 Eels. 

• That was my point Brett

• The game was better to watch and all the players were coached to have ball skills but this side flogs the 2001 eels not the reverse. Our current side also flogs the 2001 side. Game is much more precise now very little room for error and much better drilled defences. The 2001 side couldn't play like they did then now and win. 

• On today's form they'll smash the Eels. 

• Melbourne are the team to beat at the moment.

Penrith havent had anyone put it to them in a while but are doing all thats asked of them and more.

We have been in a slump for a month and have never shown an ability to consistently play and concentrate for 80 mins in BA's whole tenure. I hope that really starts to improve this week because we can't beat the top teams in the comp otherwise. Hopefully next time I hear him talk he isn't banging on about a 'fast start' becuase it seems to be his philosophy . We have to start getting closer and closer to playing the 80.

• It’s only early August 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Steel be with you replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"I would be looking to move him on now. He is contracted until the end of 2025 but we should be looking to move him by November 2024. We can pay the last year of his contract out. He can come over here to England and play for one of our teams."
20 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Hellmut's discussion Goal Kicking
"The goal kicking cost us badly today. If you are an opponent what looks better, being down 20-6 at half time or being down 14-6?"
23 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"I find it funny the media are only showing pictures of him wearing a Parramatta jersey. You know he did play for Cronulla, Canberra, Eastern Suburbs and Leigh but let's only post pictures of him in a Parra kit. Fucking arseholes."
27 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"This block is pissed he didn't get a invite. "
54 minutes ago
More…