Parramatta Eels join NRLW

It has been announced that the Parramatta Eels have been given a licence to enter a team in the NRLW this season.

Pre-season training will begin on 12 July with the club utilising both the NSW Centre of Excellence and Kellyville.

The squad and coaching staff will be announced in the next few weeks.

The Eels are the first and only club from western Sydney to enter the NRLW.

They join the Newcastle Knights as 2021 entrants.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Awesome news. Lets hope every NRL team has an NRLW team soon with the games as a curtainraiser to the NRL games. It would be great to see the Eels fans at Bankwest cheering on the womens team every home game.

• Great news for the club and the NRLW.

I assume Brad Arthurs sister will be coach. Then we will have a pair of bush bum coaches.

• This reply was deleted.
    • What about if you were more specific: "real women don't play rugby league"? Slugg, would that help? Let me know how you go.

• LOL. That will go down well. A former work colleague who unlike me was an avid punter (bit like Poppa and married to a woman) used to ask everyone who was in earshot: "Why do women have smaller feet?"

• There is a joke in there HOE about sinks and wasking up...

• I resent that Hoey, i have always been married to a woman, I have  noticed  though that when the dishes and the dirty clothes builds up, the sex is the same, you just realise your wife has gone shopping for a week.

• Slugg, Try "gentle-ladies" as in the female equivalent of "gentle-men".

• Great news, even if I've never watched a game of NRLW. What's happening with the women's cheerleaders, though? #allwomenmatter

• me too!

• Maybe this is why we are chasing Woods. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"Do you watch first grade? Give him a crack, if he sinks move on to the next. "
48 minutes ago
Bourbon Man replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Fair enough mate. 
We're all looking for answers. "
1 hour ago
Steel be with you replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"I would be looking to move him on now. He is contracted until the end of 2025 but we should be looking to move him by November 2024. We can pay the last year of his contract out. He can come over here to England and play for one of our teams."
1 hour ago
Steel be with you replied to Hellmut's discussion Goal Kicking
"The goal kicking cost us badly today. If you are an opponent what looks better, being down 20-6 at half time or being down 14-6?"
1 hour ago
More…