Replies

        • Gee I hope we don't turn on him, it would be a poor show him becoming an eel and then not delivering Lol.....there are pro's and con's in getting O'Sullivan and to me its not so much which players he recruits, but how he sets up a group of talent scouts and a process in our juniors that identifies eliteness. 

          Once the talent is identified, the assumption will be that O'Sullivan will change everything at a negotiation level.

          A system that will bear the times for many years to come, when he is negotiating he will IMO being doing so with a budget he requests.....paying 500k a year is fine, but getting a budget to create a long term structure is the essential if he wants to deliver a legacy!......it definitely puts a head of football at Parramatta as a future existing position, much a different one to what we have......he might need MON to do his paper work, but I cannot see MON doing much more in this case.

          We would also assume that these negotiations have been happening for a while, puts a definition on the new CEO who for all intents and purposes would have in O'Sullivan a guide to everything that is happening in NRL football.

          AE has suggested that Saratinos set up the new CEO and O'Sullivan as part of his swansong.

      • If his worst recruitment decision is landing Dylan Brown (considering how much we went backwards without him)...that's a resume I can get behind!! Honestly, pay him whatever it takes.

        • Interesting Cappy, he saw in DB the essence of greatness as a footballer, Wiz would suggest otherwise, I wonder if he gets him back? 

  • He's definitely well worth the money, if not more.

  • Message Peter's insta lol.Just leave a simple message Join the eels if you love the challenge.Probably change his mind 😭.Let him know we want him

  • Well I've seen his work at the Warriors Dolphins and Newcastle for me potentially it's a game changer of a move if you can land him and while we are at it sign his son also.

    Secret Squirrel nevermind Rush from St Helen's if we are throwing coin around leave the chequebook on Matt Cameron's desk go ahead write a number 

  • Im pretty sure Badel wrote the story so I would say its the Broncis offer.

  • Didn't he take Brown to the Knights? Could he be coming back? Never say never, Brown on a lot of money they have a great 5/8, Knights pick up some of his tab & they will release to free up money. 

  • Why would he choose Parra over Broncos? It would be a much easier gig being a Broncos head of recruitment. The resources, the club/brand, lifestyle... just to name a few a few. 

    • Expectations at the Broncos are insane - if you don't deliver incredibly high standards you will get fired. Parra would be a much easier gig with a softer landing and lower initial expectations.

      At the Broncos you can only fail because success is the status quo. At the Eels, success is a dream and failure is the status quo. If it was for the same money, I know who I'd pick.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Rabz S's discussion *OFFICIAL* Spencer Leniu joins the Eels
"Can I get one by asking, she has to be below 80, female and breathing and not related to LB or Chiefy!"
1 minute ago
Stevo replied to Rabz S's discussion *OFFICIAL* Spencer Leniu joins the Eels
"Hmmm nice one champ, just as much thought in that response as your first. Keep them coming, I need a laugh
 "
3 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Brad's discussion 2027 team List
"Good! I didn't know that, did you get it from AE I just want some credability in the statement."
8 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Cʜɪᴇғy Mclovin's discussion O'Sullivan offered 2.5 million to move - decision imminent
"Interesting Cappy, he saw in DB the essence of greatness as a footballer, Wiz would suggest otherwise, I wonder if he gets him back? "
13 minutes ago
More…