Name and Shame the players

Unfortunately so many players need to be dropped after this performance. Lets go down the list. 

• Russel - How tf he didnt score that is beyond me. I actually believe he is a goot footy player but has no atheletic ability which means he gets exposed at NRL standards. He is like the opposite of W Blake who was blessed with so much Athletic ability but had zero footy skills.
  • Harper -  he was not bad tonight and actually had good carrys in the first half. But he simply needs to make more ball and all tackles when we are scrambling in defence. Probably unfair to drop him considering are replacements are worse.
  • Asi - he will get rested anyway but the pass to Lane, 20m restart, tackle on Isaako (put his body in a horrible position).
  • This is where we start the proper horrible pefromances which is the forward pack who are meant to be one of the best in the comp:
    • Lussick: I will put my hand up and saying I thought he would be a good signing but fuck me ded he only had a good 2 weeks. He never puts our forwards on the front foot by drawing markers like top tier dummy halves. His crash balls and attempts from DH are useless. He offers worst first contact in defence than Mahoney. He is left on the floor so much, makes no attemtp to return to defensive lines and allows quick play the balls. Part of this is on BA for not having Hands on the bench. 35 tackles with 5 missed and 5 inffective.
    • Carty - his worst pefromance in the blue and gold. Carty of the gold cost titans. Errors in attack and afraid to tackle in defence. It must be the injury to his ribs surely because at the start of the season he was folding people. His defence on kick returns was so bad he made Fuller looking like prime Inglis. His effort when Dolphins kept scoring was hopless. No effort to control the ruck or make tackles. Let him recover or if he is fine drop him to reggies after that.
    • Moretti - when your role is to have a quick stint of impact you cannot be dropping the ball and missing tackles.
    • Hopgood - first poor game in an eels jersey in defence. He put in the effort but just mssed 3 tackles and 3 ineffective tackles. Obviously would not drop him.
    • Just quickly. I looked at Matto's number in defence and they were actually good. So was he poor in defence?
  • When addressig the forward pack as a whole ther ability to control the ruck in the second half was horrible. If you watch it, our markers are called not square so many times because we simply could not win a tackle. So with the markers ruled out of the play they just kept attacking behind the play the ball with JMK and we got fucked from their with poor efforts. I thought Carty and Moretti were poorin this part
  • Our attack was pedestrian. I want to blame DB but after knowing BA and than hearing Barret at halftime I think it is the coaching staff. It looks like they did not expect many points in the game. So were they directing DB to follow a horrible game plan. Cause DB barely ran and our ruck speed in attack was poor as we spread the bal of slow play the balls. Oly danger we had was off ofloads.
  • Depending on the performances in NSW Cup, I would be going with
  1. Gutho
  2. Russel
  3. Penisni
  4. Harper (move Simmo to centre and Sivo to wing if Sivo somehow finds form)
  5. Simmo
  6. DB
  7. Sanders
  8. RCG
  9. Hands (give Lussick a game or two in NSW Cup. Than I would be using Hands and Lussick combo for the rest of the year with Hands on the bench. Neither are capable of playing 80mins every week. Hands will be fine playng 80min against Manly since Manly attack on the edges and DH normally get less tackles against them)
  10. Joe O
  11. Tualagi
  12. Lane
  13. Hopgood
  14. Matto
  15. Paulo
  16. Doorey
  17. Talagi (I think carrying an outside back against Manly is critical. They attack out wide so need some cover their). 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, since his come back, he was error and penalty prone. Was too lazy to make tackles and always left on the ground.

Lane is another one. Look at his hit-ups and tackles, they are too soft for a big guy like him. I reckon his heart is no longer as an NRL player but more on his future profession as a psychologist. Likewise, he might be trying to avoid any long term issue with his brain.

His heart is no longer there but could not leave his fat salary.

• Lane has mentioned in the past he has fallen out of the game where it is a chore to play. That was when he was out of FG to be fair but i think he needs a coach to light the passion again.

• His offload drop on our own line changed momentum.

• Yes, he reeked of over confidence, I don't think he was guilty of not trying but he ws certainly guilty of a number of other crimes!..... hope that memories of his past have not been totally wiped out.....that was where you failed originally Bryce. The wakeup call won't hurt him I HOPE!

• Your naive with regard to plans (Deadset), what you are saying becomes one. Once you set a plan you need to live it, this is what is missing at every level..... no one is living the plan.....the plan needs to be fluid and subjective....its fundamental in any form of management!

• Great blog ea. One of the the stats that can't be measured is players not even making an attempt to tackle. For instance Russell when he just let the guy run past him. If you look at his stats he has no miss tackles. Matto did the same thing. We need to find to wingers quickly maybe try blaize there. Ea is there a workman like backrower that could play a bit of hooker to give hands a rest? Defensive type? Still can't understand why Martyn has been dropped to Massey cup. Only player with speed in our squad. Carty is playing injured and needs to be rested. I think there will be a lot of injuries out of this game. So ba probably doesn't have to drop a lot of players.

• Against Manly Hands can play 80min. If you look at stats against Manly and you will see the hooker does not make as many tackles people Manly use the ball from their own end and attack wide. So Hands wont be required to make many tackles next week. Put Lussick in reggies. The week after start lussick and than use Hands off the bench. Give them 40 minutes each. Neither can play 80min consistently.

Blaize has no pace for the wing espically against Manly that have Saab back. 

Hopgood can play hooker.

Yep cannot believe Lumelume is back on the wing and Martyn is in RM. Rubbish.

• 12432240872?profile=RESIZE_930x

12432241270?profile=RESIZE_930x

NRL Player vs Park Footy. Right there.

• Spot on. I thought the same thing, a few wingers in the NRL can score these spectacular tries, it is almost expected now. Not our boys, clearly they do not practice this at training as the other clubs do, our wingers are too busy front loading their efforts and practicing our great defensive structure of always compressed defence and no slide or adapting to what is coming at you. 

• Rouse Hill boy right there.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Is that you Brad?"
22 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Thank you my son"
23 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Email address?"
29 minutes ago
Adam Magrath replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"This is just the way Wayne would want things to be played out in the media. I think we are in a good position. McElduff declined to comment, that's just the response we should be giving at this stage."
41 minutes ago
More…