Moving Forward

Watching Teams like Broncos cowboys and sharks improvement this year has me looking at our current squad.

I don't think we have moved forward as a club we haven't gone backwards just the same inconsistent team as previous years.

Have we missed a trick in not revamping our systems?

Maybe loosing players next year might be for the best as somone said to me recently it's not like we have lost any premiership players.

I've conceded that we don't have a team this year that can win the premiership I'm hoping moving forward we can show that big improvement similar to those teams. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Middle forwards win football games.

JT McLean and Hess are descent players, throw in a workaholic like Cotter and he compliments them well so they should win their fair share of games but the season has only started

• Coach of the year, please. Recency bias much don't you think ?

I've said it before, Craig Bellamy's name should be permanently etched on that award until he retires. He's the coach of the year, every year, because he keeps the Storm rolling year in, year out. 

• The Brobcos, Cowboys & Sharks improved because they couldn't get any worse, especially the Broncos & Cowboys. Making that step from pathetic to pretty good is easy, going from consistent top 4 to premiers is a much tougher step to take.

We'll be fine.

• Understand the disappointment in recruitment but don't agree we haven't improved.

The mental side / consistency needs work, but we have time to do that. We've beaten the two premiership favs at their home ground, while understrength. There is no way we would've done that previous years. There's a potential there in this side we haven't seen in a long time, we just need them to understand it's not enough on its own.

But, personally I'd much prefer that be our issue than if we'd smashed tigers, cowboys etc but been easily handled by Penrith & Storm.

Everyone jumping around the Broncos & Cowboys, let's see where they are come September. It's a long season and their tests are still to come.

• NOS, really well said.

Id be much more worried if we lost to the Storm and Panthers. We were one of the first teams to get bashed by the flu and we happened to be in Darwin. The Roosters game was super competitive and lossed because of silly mistakes - not worried there either.

Our attack and ability to score points was critisised last year, we have come out and improved that this year. Very proud of them for that. We will sure up the D.

As for recruitement issues, I think we have done a fantastic job. Track record suggests that we will bring in new pieces that dont break the bank. Name value wise they probably, wont blow anyone's hair back, then, once they get on the field... Boom.
      Im stoked we dont pay overs and there is alot of undervalued talent out there.

• Exactly Jed. The past 3 seasons we were all worried because we couldnt beat the best teams, but could smash those teams beneath us. This season we do what no team has done in years. It will be huge mentally come September.

'We will sure up the D' - Couldnt agree more Jed. We saw how this team 'can' defend against Storm & Panthers, its still there. I honestly feel the players & coaches arent panicking about this yet. Its a long season, and after 2 seasons of burning out towards the end, the 'unicorn' in me is saying these guys are doing it differently this year & timing a run - bit like Souths last year. 

I like where your head is at on recruitment, Jed. You've remained very positive.

• Agree NOS, the cowboys defensively have improved averaging approx 13 points per game this is a huge tick for Todd Payten - as for BA defense is a ongoing issue, you can't concede more than 20 per game and expect to win a title 

• Our D has always been one of our greatest strengths dont you think Mick?

Our team, Coach and captian both acknowledged that something isnt working. We have vowed to turn it around. 

Our Assistant coach has been moved on, probably a step in the right direction. Lets see what they can do.

• Defensively Jed we've been really fragile, conceding way to many points - I'm hoping once we get everyone on the park things will change and we go on a run of wins.

• Absoutely Mick, taking nothing away from the Cowboys turn around. But they've had a really good draw, and they're playing off the back of a lot of confidence & momentum right now. I want to see what happens when they lose the next two games, and how they go when it matters later in the year. 

Agree, you've shown in the stats you put forward that our defense isnt a premierhip one, or even top 4, yet. But, we are not even half way through the year yet, and as a club with severe ADHD or split personality (as Daz alluded too in the write up), I dont think hitting our best form in attack or defence is ideal just yet. But understand where you are coming from, it doesnt justify some of what we've seen.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

macybrown replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"Bup I wonder if Lane is missing Dylan on inside of him real bad. In hindsight think Dylan covered for him laterally quite a bit.
i think last night he was real shook up by the head slam myself but regardless we have no one that can replace esp…"
1 minute ago
Frank The Tank replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"And before anyone says it, yes it's easy for players to dictate who the coach is.
They simply place a get out clause based on who the coach is and they leverage the hell out of this."
4 minutes ago
"Really?
Their forward pack on paper before the season started was their weakness....ours is far superior on paper, but not on form."
6 minutes ago
"Unfortunately to me the hidden truth is that it looks as though BA has a sort of coalition happening with key players and they use this coalition to decide on who the coach is and which players to keep. 
Its zero coincidence that all the key…"
13 minutes ago
More…