Most embarrassing game in our history?

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassed to be an Eels supporters. How do we lose to an under strength B grade side? We should have dominated. It's just fickin heartbreaking. The writing was on the wall at the end of the first half yet Brad said ''continue doing what you're doing''! The guy is clueless. 
And then Dylan Brown said at the end of the game 'we just didn't turn up'! Seriously? Your job that you get paid well for is to turn up and perform just once a week! Just once!  
The relentless pain of supporting this team continues. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Defence sux, attack sux, coach sux.

• Considering the roster we were able to field compared to our opposition's, I agree this is the most embarrassing loss in club history. The only one for me that comes close, is several years ago at Parra Stadium against the dragons who were absolutely decimated with injury / suspension etc, against a parra side, like last night that was at or near full strength  and they annihilated us. The crowd booed the players off the field that night. If it hadn't of been in Darwin, I think there could have been boos last night as well. 

I've got a really bad feeling that scoring records could be broken over the next few weeks as this team and this coach are absolutely cooked. Titans are bad, Rabbits are having a rough year, but this teams mindset and recurring tendency to totally capitulate when the going gets tough, we are definitely right in the mix for spoon predictions. 

• The clear obvious plan from the Bennet coached Dolphins was to defend strongly particularly in the first half which would wear out the older Eels forwards and then dominate with the younger Dolphins forwards and outside backs in the 2nd half which worked. The Eels forwards were totally stuffed directly after half time. How Brad Arthur could be happy with their 1st half performance was truly unbelievable. They bombed at least 16 points. The Eels should have had a bigger lead at half time but their stupidity ruined it. Brad Arthur just has no idea how to coach successfully and isn't mentally tough enough. He should have been gone 5 yrs ago . Can't understand why he's still coaching the Eels.

• Simple, we didn't chase the collision or front load our efforts

• Defintely up there, especially with the players they had out.

Don't mind seeing the boys lose if they have a red hot crack, but BA is right they gave up last night which isn't a good sign.

It's 2018 all over again

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Is that you Brad?"
1 hour ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Thank you my son"
1 hour ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Email address?"
2 hours ago
Adam Magrath replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"This is just the way Wayne would want things to be played out in the media. I think we are in a good position. McElduff declined to comment, that's just the response we should be giving at this stage."
2 hours ago
More…