Most embarrassing game in our history?

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassed to be an Eels supporters. How do we lose to an under strength B grade side? We should have dominated. It's just fickin heartbreaking. The writing was on the wall at the end of the first half yet Brad said ''continue doing what you're doing''! The guy is clueless. 
And then Dylan Brown said at the end of the game 'we just didn't turn up'! Seriously? Your job that you get paid well for is to turn up and perform just once a week! Just once!  
The relentless pain of supporting this team continues. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The dolphins stayed in the game after parra attacking pretty much the whole first half and getting no where. No heart from the players. 21 to 1 for the wooden spoon, $100 bet got put on by me. 

• I reckon they'll avoid the spoon as they'll win enough games to 'save BA' but not enough to salvage the season.

The players are to blame in more ways than one, and number 1 thing is they win just to continue the status quo - they are happy to keep BA as he doesn't require standards or even hold them to account.

• To be honest I can see us getting it very easily. Titans would of smashed us, tigers have beat us. I think we are on a sinking ship. 

• I don't think at this stage Parramatta will get the wooden spoon. Gold Coast and South Sydney are the favourites for me. The wooden spoon doesn't care about whether you lose by 1 point or 40. I remember in 2018 we were very competitive in a lot of games and lead in a few of them but would lose by six points here, ten points here, there was a couple of times we lost by the bounce of a ball. Gold Coast are already chasing shadows, they need to win at least 3-4 games in a row just to get back on track and I don't see that happening.

• There has been a lot of floggings under Arthur warriors souths rooters dogs Broncos and raiders to name a few.

The most disappointing thing is they gave up. They waved the white flag.. 

• I just watched the presser. 
    BA blamed the players. Said they're a part time footy team, only a handful of guys turn up each week, others decide which games they'll turn up for which they won't. Said they take the soft options instead of the tough options.  He said they played properly for the first 30 minutes but then felt sorry for themselves. Said they enjoy all the stuff around being an NRL player but don't enjoy the 80 minutes which is what they're paid for. 
    He said he was also responsible but didn't elaborate which part was his fault. 
    Again for him it's purely about effort and not about tactics. He can't see that his classic grinding footy in 30°c heat was a tactical error. Not having a second hooker was a tactical error. Not having some simple plays to break down a defence against a smaller and inexperienced side was an error. 
    He's so cooked. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Is that you Brad?"
1 hour ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Thank you my son"
1 hour ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Email address?"
1 hour ago
Adam Magrath replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"This is just the way Wayne would want things to be played out in the media. I think we are in a good position. McElduff declined to comment, that's just the response we should be giving at this stage."
1 hour ago
More…