Maika Sivo possibly on the move

According to nine news, Sivo's manager has emailed other clubs for expressions of interest for 2022.

Personally I am on the fence with this decision.  I love Sivo but he didn't improve as much as I thought he would last year. After all we have done for him, I would hate to see him at another club. The other thought is whether the club is happy to see him go?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good points, Col.

• Agree with the manager is just doing his job, he's just trying for more cashish, Sivo is no Radradra and we're all waiting for him to be one, couldn't take it if the likes of Storm or Rorters made him one, We need to see his best in 2021 and give him a corresponding paycheck, Fergo will be gone Next year so he's probably thinking there's big winger monery around at the club, well big winger money goes to big play wingers, so show us what you got Sivo, HULK SMASH!! 

• This reply was deleted.
    • Have you seen him up front?

Seriously, I'd rather tackle a Kenworth.

• I’d like to know where it all went wrong for sivo - attitude , or game plans 

diff body but I’m feeling krisnan inu again. 

Point scoring machine poorly mentored and managed 

• No news here I'm sure Sivo didn't draft the email himself lol. 

Everyone bagging Sivo I just don't get it. Bloke was too try scorer in his first season of top flight Rugby League. That's pretty incredible. His dip in form coincided with the teams loss of attacking cohesion. Wingers don't create they finish. I also don't think he was used very effectively at the back end of the year. Gutho and Moses stopped putting him one on one with players. Part of that was they seemed hell bent on getting Fergo to score.

Defensively I disagree with his detractors too. He's a fine defender. He and Jennings had statistically one of the best sides in the NRL last year. In fact Arthur said when he picked him in first grade the thing that convinced him he was ready was his defence. 

• He also had all of that trouble with the waitress in Fiji hanging over his head.

From the pictures I have seen he is looking a lot fitter this season. I am hoping for a return to his 2019 form.

• Didn't Sivo also have a knee injury at one stage in 2020?

Still, I'm hoping Sivo's play was tied up with our totally misfiring attack. He rarely got clean ball in the back half of the year. 

• Mika was playing ok until he got hurt when Parker hit his knee against manly. He wasn't the same after that. I think both wingers will be back better this year

• That being said, I hope the powers that be will learn from playing injured players. I'd rather see someone get an opportunity than see Sivo, Moses or a half-concussed Matto running around when they're not right physically

• LOL - good to have a dream Acme.

Player welfare doesn't seem to be very high on the agenda at the Eels over the past few years, starting with Tep and going downhill from there.

"The doctors cleared him<" and the poor bastards can hardly raise a trot.

Its called the PANIC SYNDROME, because the coach can only remember about 18 of the player's names has to play them at whatever the cost.

Funnily enough I was under the impression the reason you have a top 30 was to give you options and protect players coming back from injury.

Evidently I am wrong on that point.

"Can you get off the bed?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Good, your in the team this week."

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bob Smith replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"Yes, Melbourne is the best 'eyes up' team in the competition and have been for years."
26 seconds ago
Michael Ericson replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"Lane has always played his best footy later in the season. He's a massive body who needs a lot of match conditioning. He has been well below his best so far though. "
4 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"If the game against the Broncos was at Suncorp, I think the Broncos would break the record for the largest winning margin. Luckily, it's at commbank, so we'll only lose by 40. 
The game against Melbourne at Suncorp on magic round will probably see…"
4 minutes ago
TolEllts replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"1000% agree. It is the IQ that seems most of our players lack. They don't play smart, they just used their brwans, not their minds.
Look at how Melbourne plays - they are thinking players not tied to their structures as robot when the oppurtunity…"
5 minutes ago
More…