Mahoney must be completely dropped out of our 17 if the Eels want any chance of saving our season. 

It's become very obvious that the blueprint into beating the Eels is to run traffic at our 9, and win the ruck in the following hit ups as once the defensive line is breached, it's nearly impossible to win back momentum.

Im not blaming Mahoney's enthusiasm, he's just not strong enough for the NRL yet. He did miss the most tackles in the past couple of weeks, but the main issue is that we can't win the ruck when giant forwards continue to drag him along.

Mahoney's time will come as he gains strength and has plenty of time to come back into the fold, but at the moment he doesn't have the frame for playing 80 minutes in first grade.

Mcillwrick must be brought in, he's experienced, a seasoned campaigner and will stop the rot in the middle.

If Brad Arthur had brains Mahoney wont be named in the team against Souths. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is ridiculous, it really is. 

Put mcillrick on the bench as a back up to him and rotate them. 

Maloney is a gun, he starts and he is the leading 9. 

• problem then is we lose a bench spot to accomodate a second hooker.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Lol.

How would he go with those limited time offers ?

He'd be in a panic.

• Brad knows this so its not so crazy, he knows Maloney is getting exploited, thats why he started him off the bench the other week.

He's probably a bit too green for 1st grade and definitely needs to bulk up but no point dropping him now imo, i dont think we'll be much better without him, might as well use this year to continue to blood him.

You might be right chief, time will tell.

• & didn't the fans roast that decision to start Terepo in his spot?  The idea behind the decision was a good one, it simply didn't work out that way, Peni was not the ideal player for that spot, likewise his decision against the rif with Fergo, hindsight is marvelous, but the reasoning for both moves were fair ones.

He certainly needs to drop some time on the field, and I cannot see why Stone is not used on the bench as he can give Mahoney his spell, and also the lock through the game. As I also suggested that Stone does not have to be DH all the time as any of the spine players can handle that roll,

• The idea was a joke! What team puts there best hooker on the bench replaces him with butter fingers then brings reed on when the game was already over... If our defence was crap because of reed than what was parramatta's excuse when Reed was off the field? 

• It was only 12-0 when Mahoney came onto the field. 52-10 for the next 60 minutes.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Can Mcillwick play 80?

• For what purpose ?

You start your best players. If you feel he needs a breather then you bring your number 2 to do that role, but you don't start your second best option, the game could already have gotten away from the team by the time you bring him on. Which is what happened against Melbourne.

• There’s some truth to this blog, but it stems back to the Parra culture of the last 10yrs or so.

Matthew Keating all he did was defend 50 odd tackles a game, no attack...Cameron King 50 odd tackles a game, no attack and now Mahoney 50 odd tackles a game, no attack.

Parra does well when they have a attacking hooker Pj Marsh, Kevin Kingston....

I blame The forwards they just ain’t regular first graders and it’s showing.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Steel be with you replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"I would be looking to move him on now. He is contracted until the end of 2025 but we should be looking to move him by November 2024. We can pay the last year of his contract out. He can come over here to England and play for one of our teams."
1 minute ago
Steel be with you replied to Hellmut's discussion Goal Kicking
"The goal kicking cost us badly today. If you are an opponent what looks better, being down 20-6 at half time or being down 14-6?"
4 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"I find it funny the media are only showing pictures of him wearing a Parramatta jersey. You know he did play for Cronulla, Canberra, Eastern Suburbs and Leigh but let's only post pictures of him in a Parra kit. Fucking arseholes."
8 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"This block is pissed he didn't get a invite. "
36 minutes ago
More…