Lomax Clause

During HT on channel 9, the journalist said Lomax tried putting a clause in his contract that he can leave if BA is sacked. However eels rejected it 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Must have had a great dinner with BA 🤣

• BA probably needed more support and thought adding Lomax to his senior leadership group would help him keep his job.

Hasn't he fleeced the club enough yet?

• Does this "journalist" know this for a fact or like 99% of them, is he just making shit up.

• Carefull , Kent might come looking for you . I dare say we have seen the last of that flog now.  Him getting speartackled into the tree was pricesless. 

• I laughed out loud when I saw that in his article the crowd favourite Zac Lomax likes the coach and is one of the main reasons he's coming.

In my estimation his popularity just dropped like a sinker on the end of a fishing rod lol.

• Coryn, no doubt Zac is keen on BA, but, thats a lot of guess work there.

BA has promised Lomax centre / fullback, and its not rare for a player to want to know who their coach is & want a coach clause.

For instance, if the club tell Lomax we can't guarantee BA, but we are chasing Bennett, he likely has no need for the clause. If the club says, we can't guarantee BA, but don't worry we have Nathan Cayless ready to go, id want a clause to get the hell out also.

Its a big move from Lomax, he wants to know who the coach is going to be & how he will be used, thats fair enough.

The fact the clause was denied & he still signed should speak volumes. Great work from the club here.

• "If the club says, we can't guarantee BA, but don't worry we have Nathan Cayless ready to go, id want a clause to get the hell out also."

Thats GOLD.

• Semi, the really scary part is, im not sure which scenario is more likely?

• Lomax would play for any coach coming as he has signed now. If it is Bennett i bet he would not care at all. It makes sense but on top of that, BA has a knack at player management. He is great talking to players and making them feel wanted. Players do love BA, so of course Lomax would go down that route. BA would have said what Lomax wants to hear and i believe he would have put Lomax at Fullback in 2025 or 2026. But Lomax has not been in a change room with BA and the tactics he has sprooked are new to him so again he could believe in BA when many others may not at this point.

Very similar to the likes of Norman and Peats in 2014 signing with Stuart but get BA. I bet who ever coaches Parra in 2025 would love to have Lomax and use him as they see fit. Fullback is a legit possibilty with any coach due to Gutherson's fast decline and Lomax being experienced he will get a crack at some point. It is on him to succeed to keep it.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Bup's discussion The way the game will be played
"Never......  Bevan French has seriously flown under the radar and we'd be silly if we didn't try to beat all the other clubs that are obviously not aware of his superhero like performances. We have a once in a lifetime opportunity to snap him up…"
23 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Frankie Fong's discussion HUGE NEWS FOR 1 EYED EELS MEMBERS
"Being Wicksys chemist doesn't count as a rugby league career m Grunts 😂😜😜"
37 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Frankie Fong's discussion HUGE NEWS FOR 1 EYED EELS MEMBERS
"I remember soomeone telling us he's mates with that shocking halfback Micheal Witt once. Im guess it's him , he had some participant award like position with NZ Rugby Yawnion once.  Credit to anyone that's made the NRL, not an easy feat. But unless…"
40 minutes ago
"Imagine how many letters some of us have keyed on these pages in that time. "
45 minutes ago
More…