It is not Arthur's fault: Gus Gould

Funny that Gould defends Arthur saying he is not the problem, the problem is their junior development is messed up. Yeah you know who else's junior pathways is bad? Canterbury and who coached them when the pathways were slowly being worked on? Barrett. But you sacked him when the junior pathways werent great. You sacked Cleary when the Penrith pathways weren't going well. You sacked Griffin whent they were in the top 4 winning games!!!!!!

Nobody brings it up as it's Gus. If you do you lose your job. But just funny how he defends coaches, i know why since he was one, but ironic that he says it is not Arthur's fault due to pathways, yet sacked Barrett when the pathways were the same.

http://https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nrl/article-13338353/Phil-Gould-Parramatta-Eels-NRL-premiership-contender-2024-coach-Brad-Arthur.html

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Clearly Gus had no idea about Parramatta's junior nursery and development between 1997 and 2008 .

Gus should worries about other clubs way too much.

• He said it has never been good lol.
      Dogs are only recovering now.

• If Gus was HOF at the Eels in the last 10 years, BA would have been kicked after the spoon. 

Gus - now there is a man with an agenda! 

• And then hired again a few years later. 😁

• Gus' point, which I unfortunately agree with, is that BA hasn't been set up for success, and that the roots of the problem with Parra don't sit with BA.

He also said that BA is exhausted and needs to go.

I agree with both points. BA has given everything he has to give, and it hasn't been enough to get us a premiership. Whether another coach would have delivered one in the same time is academic at this point.

Change the coach, it's got to happen now, BA is done here. But I really, really hope that's not where it ends.

We made so much progress after the club was overhauled and we were placed into administration, we have strong and solid foundations as an organisation now (financially and structurally sound).

Now is the time for our next evolution...to learn how to innovate both on and off the field, to become an organisation who pushes the boundaries and does what is needed to be the best. And for that we don't just need a new coach.

• It is not all on BA, but just find it funny Barrett had similar to BA and got booted after two years. Barrett only got a cap the year after he was sacked, never benefited from

having a cap

• This personally I like the idea Muttman  added in another thread the other day.While new coach is definitely on the horizon we need a new person/s running our football department also.

• Brian Smith would be a nice option. But someone with some footy nouce and has been to the top of the mountain.

• He mentioned Matt Cameron

• Even better.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"I can see it now, Bennett signs 24 players to replace the ones who had clauses in their contracts, headed by the Bromych bros, Kaufusi and an elite halves combo in Nikorima and Milford."
9 seconds ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Typical flog, your name says it all..Anal is."
6 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Zac Lomax
"He was actually told BA would be extended at the end of the season, for '26 and '27."
10 minutes ago
Jimmy Wong replied to Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘's discussion Bushie - The worst finals winning record in the history of the game.
"Brian Smith is 53%"
21 minutes ago
More…