Israel folou, 2ue interview

Listening  this morning,  alan Jones  interviewing  israel folou who is raising  3 million dollars  from public donations  for his legal  fees  against  rugby  Australia for unfair  dismissal.  This morning Israel  said  his fight  is because  of his strong  Faith , beliefs  in the bible that has made him who he is today.  Now personally  ive  nothing  against  him what so ever,  but he mentions   to jones very  strongly  the importance of the bible again on which he lives  by , which  he comes  to as we all know  his public condemnation for many sinners who eventually will end up in hell . Can  those  out there  who is familiar with   the bible  tell me if Israel is 100% correct to  pass  judgement   based on his beliefs ? Here is  one  quote , but is there  another  side  ?3045972464?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Why use His when he can use yours Kendoza! Nothing is actually ours anyway. It all belongs to God! "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof"

• So it’s also ok for radical Muslim’s to say that we are infidels and kill christians and they have 17 virgins when they blow themselves up.They really believe in that too!!!

• Well this is what Israel's name sake supposedly said:

Numbers 21:2-3 And Israel vowed a vow unto the Lord, and said, If thou wilt indeed deliver this people into my hand, then I will utterly destroy their cities. And the Lord hearkened to the voice of Israel, and delivered up the Canaanites; and they utterly destroyed them and their cities:

However, Joshua's really the one you don't want to cross...

Joshua 6:21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

That's even more hard core than Daenerys and her dragon. She at least let the white horse live.

• This ladies and gentlemen is what happens when you take a single verse or passage out of the context in which it was written.

• Allahu Akbar

• Politics  and religion Phhf a Big No No from me to much shit and aguments .I'm a peace loving guy

• Go Izzy, hope he takes Ralene to the cleaners and kicks her arse back across the ditch 

• I hope people have better sence in them than to fund Izzy Folau in order to make more millions. He's a hater. I don't care how people try to spin it. Yeah, you're free to say what you like but there are consequences to free speech sometimes .

There are little kids and grown ups without the financial means in hospitals who are fighting for their life. Money donated to them by the public would be indeed God's work. Praise be to those who help to finance the fight against disease for they are truly God's creations.

I'm Greek Orthodox and I'm lucky enough to have a great parish priest who does tons for charity and is open-minded. I once asked him about gay people, if he accepts them in his church. His response was "I accept the  hypocrits, adulterers, fornicators, thieves and even convicted murderers. Why wouldn't I accept gay people? Are they sinning more than the others? I don't agree with their way of life but there are gay people that give to their community and support my causes. Only God can judge them. I'm merely trying to help God. Therefore my church is open to all and everyone is welcome. Our God is not a punisher but a forgiver".

• Thought exactly the same about the many sick kids and families affected by serious illness’ Parra Fan...asking for this by a footy player who earns  more in one year than others do over many. it’s so outta of touch with real life problems and bad cards dealt...bloody ridiculous and reckon it’s harmed his cause all together myself.

Nice post... your parish priest sounds exactly what being a Christian is all about for me as well.

But I do believe even a footy player is equally entitled to state his opinion or interpretation of his beliefs as he see’s it...at end of day who really seriously looks to a footy players twitter feed  for life advice.

• Thanks, Macy.

Israel Folau is a public figure. When you're in the spot light your comments carry more weight than Joe Average. There are plenty of nuts about who just look for an excuse to do harm "in the name of God". Israel Folau, either you beleive in religion or not, is a devisive figure who creates and throws petrol on hate for gay people. His comments are no differant to addressing any group of people (either it be sex, race or religion) in a denigrating way.

He had done this before and was warned about it. Keep your controversial personal views to yourself. Second time and your out, buddy.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Grunta the great’s discussion was featured
Tonight we see the battle of Brooky with the Eels again up against Manly, but this time on their turf and with a no doubt strong sense of redemption after a controversial win for the Eels a few weeks ago. Sanders makes his debut in a massive game,…
6 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"LOL, Carlo, Yep, we're all on this rollercoaster. I expect we should bounceback tonight. Will it be enough? Dunno.  We might win by 2 or lose by 30. Eventually we'll improve, especially once Mitch gets back, to quiet the loud noises for a bit. But…"
17 minutes ago
LB replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"I'm at a wedding tonight and NFL draft to catch up on, if I'm not too tired I'll see how we go when I'm home."
18 minutes ago
Grunta the great replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"I must be missing something Wiz!?"
22 minutes ago
More…