Hooker

Next year Reed will be coming back from shoulder surgery after injuring it twice this year I think it would be unfair to expect 80 min efforts from him.

Currently we only have Nate Roche on the books who has had a injury plagued career.

Hopefully we find a suite back up I'm personally not a fan of having a 2 hookers in the 17 I'd rather a genuine utility.

One idea with merit that would suite us is starting Stone at 9 for the opening 20 then bringing Reed on for a middle forward and moving Stone into the middle similar to what Storm do. We won't loose anything in defense with Stone at 9 in fact we'd gain a bit then when Reed comes on we gain alot in attack.

I know Stones last game was highlighted by some mistakes but in fairness he had played more minimum there then originally planned due to waqa going for a HIA and I think fatigue played a part

Anyway just something think over as we go into another trophyless off season 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Club has reportedly meet with mitch rein 

• Trent what have you heard On Marata? I'm hearing he's good as gone unfortunately.

• WTF?  Why?  He has been one of our best.  Look at the job he did covering centre, playing out of position. Just OMG!

• Fuck no. Sell lane and matto first

• Spot on.  Just madness if true!

• I cannot believe that Lane is never in the conversation to help making room in the cap. He is apparently on 400k and is not worth that. He should be way down the pecking order considering Niukore, Papali'i, RCG, Paulo, N Brown, Matto and arguably Makatoa are better than him. Then players like Grieg, Kaufusi, Hollis and Rodwell are on cheaper deals (not as good as Lane) but have a higher ceiling than Lane. 

• Hearing niukore on the outer. 

• No way.  He has been one of our best!

• Yh bro pretty upsetting isn't it. More money n most likely a starting back row spot. Few clubs in talks with him atm.

• I thought Niukore starting in the backrow in the end of the year was an indicator his future lies at the eels with Matto and Lane future in jeopardy 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Slugg replied to Fandango's discussion Reed backflips announces he will stay a Eel
"Mc Lovely wouldn't care he has to start sometime "
2 minutes ago
Electric Eel replied to Fandango's discussion Reed backflips announces he will stay a Eel
""
4 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ replied to Fandango's discussion Reed backflips announces he will stay a Eel
"Slugg, you'll never know until it's too late these days mate lol
 "
5 minutes ago
Ruprecht Amadeus Mozart replied to CarloEEL2's discussion Call me cynical
"Brad was crying because he'd heard Will Smith had signed with the Titans."
8 minutes ago
More…