Hooker

Next year Reed will be coming back from shoulder surgery after injuring it twice this year I think it would be unfair to expect 80 min efforts from him.

Currently we only have Nate Roche on the books who has had a injury plagued career.

Hopefully we find a suite back up I'm personally not a fan of having a 2 hookers in the 17 I'd rather a genuine utility.

One idea with merit that would suite us is starting Stone at 9 for the opening 20 then bringing Reed on for a middle forward and moving Stone into the middle similar to what Storm do. We won't loose anything in defense with Stone at 9 in fact we'd gain a bit then when Reed comes on we gain alot in attack.

I know Stones last game was highlighted by some mistakes but in fairness he had played more minimum there then originally planned due to waqa going for a HIA and I think fatigue played a part

Anyway just something think over as we go into another trophyless off season 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah, he'd be ok too, but with constant speculation around Josh Hodgson I doubt Sticky will let him go. 

• Yes he's my preference 

• Mitch Rein makes sense, and is clubless right now.

• Mitch Rein would be a great pickup.

Reed will bust his arse, we know that... but... he's not a big dude, injury history and operates as a tackling machine in constant collision with much larger guys... that spells difficulties for long term - be that just over the course of a season or over years. Reed will break if he keeps trying to play 80.

I think we have to go back to the Brad Drew / PJ Marsh days... was the best combo we had and worked a treat... need to run 2 9's and use them both each game with in theory half a half each subject to how the game is playing out. Bench of 2 middles, an edge and a genuine 9.

• I'd still want Reed playing the bulk of the minutes, but if we can give him 20-25 minutes rest each game OR say, every 4th or 5th game off, that'd work. 

• He is also getting chased by the new expansion team

• Apparently we are chasing Mitch rein which is good depth signing 

• Definitely need a good quality back up hooker. Stone is out of the question in my opinion and there's only really currently Will Smith. Not sure if there are any quality juniors coming through and not sure if recruitment is looking around.

• Club has reportedly meet with mitch rein 

• Trent what have you heard On Marata? I'm hearing he's good as gone unfortunately.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Jett Cleary off to NZ
"I suppose you're one of the idiots who wanted Sanders to hang around for 4/5 yes to get the opportunity to be a 1st grade regular."
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"Yup, woke = broke.   Once upon a time Thursday night meant nothing but Footy show night in most households I knew. As soon as she turned up even as a " reporter " it was doomed. It lost all credibility and you couod just tell that the show that was…"
2 hours ago
LB replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Frankie do you think they will have mural with a candle when BA is gone from the club? Perhaps place some flowers at Kellyville while whispering "We appreciate you".
Legit BA could be driving and drive onto the pathway hitting and killing one of…"
2 hours ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"He was a geat bloke who always had good joke or story to tell. He stood up for what he believed and always heard plenty of good stories about him helping others.
Younger fans mightn't know that he took on the league in court ending the draft for…"
2 hours ago
More…