Helping the bushfire victims on the North Coast

Just a thought but I see Manly are heading up here to Rappville to have a look at what the bushfires had done and help out. I was thinking if anyone here has contact with the club, maybe suggest that the club and players come up here and help out the victims or even help the RFS in battling some of the fires, have a look at what the fires had done, talk to some of the victims, donate a few signed jumpers or donate some money to help the victims, those who lost everything. It would make some kids day, even if the kid isn't an eels fan but at least he/she can get to talk to Moses or Dylan Brown or whoever. Just a suggestion

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I own 10 acres on the South Eastern edge of the township of Comboyne.there is currently a fire still burning below me in Upper landsdowne the rumba dump fire.burned out the town of Bobin a couple of days ago , its huge many houses lost nothing between it and me but bush.I'm currently on high alert waiting for it to come.Wind is blowing to the south atm and is slowing it down.just hoping that doesn't change.

• Fingers crossed for you eggman and saying a little prayer. Good luck / God bless mate .

• 3714049018?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Thanks.thats us the red circle.you can see how far the fire has travelled beyond the yellow line in 24 hours and thats with the wind blowing towards the south.hoping it doesnt change.thats probably 2 or 3km distance.praying for rain.

• Hope you're ok Egg. I'm in Taree, not in any direct danger, but it's been horrible around here the last week. Feel for all the smaller communities that have been in the path of the fires, theres not much been left behind.

• I was watching it come up the hill that night with the strong winds then it seemed to disappear , I thought the choppers had put it out but then yesterday they sent warnings again.They have opened up koppin yarrat to hive access and an escape route i guess and I drove half way down yesterday and couldn't see it.think its mostly coming from SW towards Killabahk creeping below mt Gibraltar . Anyway I'm well prepared now and I  am sure the rfs will come to the rescue if it heads up this way.

• There's an aid convoy leaving from villawood bunnings tomorrow 8am. They will be driving up to taree to drop off water bottles, canned goods and toiletries. Whoever wants to donate is more than welcome. 

• Well, we’ve saved the little village of Coutts Crossing so far.

Ive been responsible for a containment line of approximately 6-7kms.RFS are known for complaining that they don’t get paid, driving around fires frantically with their lights flashing and pyromania.

Nothing at this fire has changed my perception of RFS.

Bless their little cotton socks and their orange overalls.

• Quiet town but a bit boganish. I used to play golf there and swim there in the orara River. 

• Did you end up slicing a tee shot into the sewerage traement works, on site?

I played there once and I did.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Alshaw I hope you are right about us making the finals. Moses must have some powers, I'll bet we don't. "
8 seconds ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Yes manly have been playing good footy but didn't tonight till the second half. "
2 minutes ago
"To be honest Muttman I don't care who replaces him. That was just a thought short term, so the rest of this year and only deal with the team. He would have nothing to do with recruiting or anything like that, just simply play as a interim coach…"
2 minutes ago
Parra Eels replied to Eelvangelist's discussion Parramatta 2024 Premiers!
"Mate it won't happening. I'll even go far to say we are not making the 8.
Never in my years of being a member have we made the 8 when I haven't made it to the season launch. Wasn't invited this year, so we are done for."
5 minutes ago
More…