The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce Haze Dunster has extended his contract for three years until the end of the 2025 NRL season.

Haze Dunster is all in... are you? Get your '22 Eels membership NOW

The young winger made his NRL debut in the semi-final last year against South Sydney, and played 13 NRL games this season scoring three tries. He was awarded Rookie of the Year at the prestigious Ken Thornett Medal ceremony.

Mark O’Neill, Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football said, “Haze is a real talent and a popular member of the squad, he has a great deal of growth left in him and we look forward to seeing him continue to play in the Blue & Gold.”

Haze has progressed through the Parramatta Eels Junior Pathways System, playing for the Eels Jersey Flegg and Canterbury Cup teams. A talented and athletic outside back, Haze was a member of the Eels SG Ball side that claimed the National Championship in 2017.

Outside of rugby league, Haze is completing his Certificate IV in Youth Work.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Only young, good footwork and appears to be very coachable - all the attributes I like. With a bit more size and continued improvement he'll be an excellent long-term proposition. 

• And he showed with pick up off that kick by Gutho that he's got good balance and great hands.

• I've always thought he was going to be a quality NRL player. I'd be mildly surprised if he ever reached rep level, I don't think he's in that class, but I think he's going to be a really good solid NRL player for a lot of years. The kind of player that usually gives you pretty good value for money because most other clubs aren't going to overpay to recruit him, which means we'll never have to. He should be the kind of mid level club man that is an automatic resigning every time he comes off contract. I can see him scoring 15-20 tries a season for us.

• We have been very poor spreading the ball left to right which has limited Dunster's opportunities in some of his games when he replaced fergo on the right and he also played in a number of low scoring games against the top teams when playing on the left so his low try scoring rate should be overlooked for now.  Many of his games also coincided with the late season slump where the whole side performed poorly.

He has shown he has ability and with his confidence growing with each game his involvement and opportunities have grown so I am interested to see how he progresses this year.  They obviously see something in him but not sure how many other side's were competing for him so maybe a 2 year contract would have been sufficient but hope I am proven wrong

• When it comes to any wingers finishing I always ask, how many try scoring opportunities have you seen them bomb ?

So, how many try scoring opportunities has anyone seen Haze Dunster bomb ?

I can't think of one, admittedly in a fairly small sample size. If he gets even half an opportunity he seems to take it. What else could be asked of him in that regard ?

• I was thinking the same Brett. It is also why I would like to see Sivo switched the right side.  How many times from our own half have we created space outside only for Sivo to jog up to the defence and try to fend his way upfield bombing the opportunity.

Dunster or Siminsson would just put their foot down and if the centre supports inside we will either score or be set up deep in opposition half.

Meanwhile as we jam the right side winger with little space, a power winger like Sivo is more likely to barge over taking defenders with him than other wingers making us an all-round more dangerous side

• Sorry mate lol, I was trying to reinforce your point

• Yeah ok its ok I guess.....

Interested to see how many offers he got from other clubs - I'd be guessing like, none.

• Have a yarn with beanie at the Dolphins as he wanted Haze.

• Yeah ok I'll drop him a line and see what he says.....

If he was targeted it would've been all over papers. Fact is no club was really interested in Haze...

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Nightmare Off-Season's discussion What Jason Demetriou’s axing as South Sydney coach means for struggling powerhouse Parramatta Eels
"Arthur isn't the one under pressure it's the Eels powerbrokers.There ones under pressure continue with an under performing team and roster or sweep the cupboard clean and start again."
1 minute ago
Tad replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Wayne to Souths.
"Unfortunately NOS to get to the elite level of winning Premiership after Premiership will take time to develop a consistent winning culture. You need the right people understanding the process and talents required to get up-to-date with behavioural…"
10 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Wayne to Souths.
"Great post, Tad. Good to see you back.
Hope you've been well?
As HOE said, it's frustratingly an absolute no-brainer.
When the most successful clubs, coaches & players across multiple sports advocate so highly for sports psychology, who are the Eels…"
50 minutes ago
BringBackSemi replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE TALE OF TWO CLUBS
"I tend to agree. They said last night that when he finished at Newcastle that St George thought they had him in the bag to go back there. He then surprised everyone by going back to the Bronco's. These are just games that Bennett plays with the…"
55 minutes ago
More…