Gutho Vs Hayne. Who ya got?

In light of Gutho's stellar season and Dally M contention, who would you have in your team?

Two vastly different playing styles, Guthos all out consistent effort and professionalism vs Haynes game winning talent but hot and cold attitude.

Who do you want as your fullback?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I guess I’m saying that if I was the coach, I could find the keys to unlock Haynes motivation and focus. Imagine a Hayne who actually thought of his team first and gave his all every week. 

• 100 percent mate.  Right there was the key.  Anyway, not going to happen.   He has bigger concerns!

• That was actually Hayne in 2014. He won his second Dally M that season alongside Johnathan Thurston. He was much more about effort plays that year than the fancy stuff. I'd take Hayne in that form over Gutho any day. His defence was outstanding, positional play was great, carried the ball back hard, supported his halves. Then he still had the game breaking ability that Gutho doesn't have which is the skillset to simply turn it on and skin defenders. IMO, the 2014 Dally M was a better indicator of how Hayne was growing as a player and a much more even keeled season than 2009.

• This reply was deleted.
  • Yes 2 vastly drifferent types of players. Hayne was 1 ofthe most naturally gifted players butwas lazy and self indulged but I would pick him. Guth is a team player who gives his all but if both were playing Hayne would be fullback and guth would either be centre or pushed into the halves.

• Gutho is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. Hayne is 99% inspiration and 1% perspiration. 

• HAYNE....

• Gutho for sure, you know what you are going to get every week. Much more a team player and is more worried about the team then himself. 

• I'd go with Hayne.

Haynes problem was he was in and out of games. I feel like we never got to see him fulfill his full potential as he was never coached by the best.
    He was a match winner, the type of player we could really do with right now.
    Shame the way his career ended - could've/should've been an immortal.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Speech posted a discussion
What does it take to be sent off. A classic from last nights game is the tackle on Lane verses Sivo. Sivo a fine and the 2 Manly players get 2 weeks each. How does Parramatta benefit from this? The teams advantaged are the teams Manly play over the…
4 minutes ago
EelsAgeMe replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion The real truth - what next ?
"Screw chasing the collision, it's out dated. How about we chase not getting embarrassed every week? How about we simply chase a win? "
10 minutes ago
macybrown replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"👍🏽 "
19 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"We desperately need to appoint a key HOF. Someone experienced like a Frank Ponisi, Shane Richardson or a Peter Parr. 
This is the starting point. 
I'd even go for Brian Smith but I think Brian has well and truly retired or a  Matt Cameron to rebuild…"
26 minutes ago
More…