Gutho knee issues

Nrl Physio reporting that Gutho has been getting his knee drained of fluid and dealing with soreness and swelling in the knee he had surgery on. Obviously not a good sign and he's not close to 100%. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gutho is a decent player albeit not fast nor the most skilful but he gives it his all each week. Don't mind him taking to refs but it does not always do much. 
    I just wish our other forward can't played with his intensity each week. 

• Honestly i don't think BA knows what to do with Talagi, nobody at the club does. They want to sign him and then work it out later. They know he is not going to be a 6 or 7 anytime soon, so to keep him happy why not try Fullback as Gutho is ageing. Only thing is he has hardly played there if at all before NSW cup. So he has had to adapt to playing up a grade against men, while learning a new position. Quite frankly i feel they have poorly managed him, they have no clue what to do with him now trying to please him to get him to stay as he is a talent. His best position at this stage to me is Centre. Lomax should be next in line Fullback.

But we have done poor with most juniors. MA has been brought along well as he was just thrown in and he swam. Sam Tuivaiti should be in Cup since we lost Rodwell and now Ogden but he is wasting away in Flegg. Ethyn Martin needs game time but is shafted for Lumelume at 18th man and Loizou.

Talagi has no chance developing in his current role where he is playing limited FG while he needs as many minutes as possible in Cup to learn to be a Fullback. He needs strength, conditioning and experience. None of the three he has to survive as a Fullback in the NRL at this stage. He can get there but not by sitting on the bench. 

Gutho still have next year at least before we worry about it.

• It's ridiculous he should be rested for a few weeks and let someone else play fullback we are losing anyway so it won't make a difference. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Tad replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Poppa  at 73 I have trouble remembering the names of some of the groups I belong to. Who knows Bennet may end up selecting a cleaner at the club to play centre . Maybe a bit like Trumpy who often thinks he won the election against Obama "
41 minutes ago
Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"I have sat on Boards and I have never been the smartest person in the room. What I did have was the best advice from people that were glad to help the goals I was trying to achieve. That advice came from a World Chairman of one of the world's…"
1 hour ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"You don't need to be a great player to be on a football board, management experience and a quota of football/sport administration and understanding is the imperative along with a degree of entrenprenaural understanding..
Contrary to Wiz's…"
1 hour ago
Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Didn't I read recently where Parramatta Council has become a sponsor of the Eels? Maybe part of that agreement was that in return they had someone on the football club Board?"
1 hour ago
More…