Gutho knee issues

Nrl Physio reporting that Gutho has been getting his knee drained of fluid and dealing with soreness and swelling in the knee he had surgery on. Obviously not a good sign and he's not close to 100%. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To be any chance this side needs Gutho at 100%. Not at 80%

• I think you have your blue and gold coloured glasses on if you can't see why he's disliked. He's arrogant , he's massively overated , and he owns a title such as " the king " . 

Picture if he was a Canterbury or Manly player all these years and look at it from an Eels supporter .  He's a bit Darius Boyd like , yet less talented a player. Maybe imagine if Darius was named " King Boyd "

• I think you have your anti-Gutho glasses on. How many games has he won for the Eels. How many try savers?  How many try assists? The bloke never gives in. Overrated? Hardly. 

• Well you asked what and why the rest of the NRL fans hate him. Maybe go onto the comments sections on social media and tell them they're all wrong and Muttman is right.  You asked .  Maybe everyone else is just wrong .....  there's a gazillion comments on the platforms calling him overrated . He misses as many as he saves mate.  He's caught out of position quite regularly . 

His errors have been fixed up heaps compared to how shocking he was at one stage , but people outside of here remember his shocking errors more then the try savers.  

Eels fans are like parents watching their children play when it comes to these players , you see more positives in their game and easily excuse the shit stuff. Opposition fans don't have that bias , so you're going to get a much more critical and truthfull opinion. 

if I'm wrong then why do they hate him , you tell us ? 

• There's a few posters here who have articulated why. You suggest it's because he's shit. He's far from that.  
            I wish we had some young speedster gun ready to takeover from him. But we don't. We're not like parents. We're like fans barracking for an old warhorse for just one more win each week. And each week the old broken down gelding mostly delivers. 

• Where did I say he's shit. Don't put words in my mouth to suit your narrative. I said the opinion is he's overrated .  I tend to agree. At no point does that mean I think he's " shit ".  I think he's a protected species and avoids critisisim due to some of his try savers , he's never mentioned by the commentary team when he's caught out in defence when try's are scored. And I think it's a bit disingenuous to claim you've never read the thousands  of comments on social media to understand why he's disliked. 

he's the onfeild leader of a team that's been coughing and so,uttering along with poor attitudes for years , and yet you say he's the heart and soul of said team? Think about that. 

• " old warhorse " you speak with too much emotion to ever be able to give a balanced opinion on his actual ability to be a NRL GF winning  fullback.  Fuck me hes 29 not 39.  Whether it be my analogy of parents bias or your analogy of some lovestruck teenage girl watching Beiber in awe and blinded to anything but admiration, the facts are bias takes over. 

• Why don't we have some young speedster gun ready to take over is the pertinent question. 

• I think fans of a club will like their players whilst other fans of other clubs hate that said player. Paul Gallen was hated by many but I bet the Cronulla fans love him. JWH from Eastern Suburbs is a player people don't like but he is loved by his own fans. Same with Gutherson, we all like Gutherson, most other NRL fans don't.

• 100% Steel. I cannot stand Luai, what he stands for as a player. But if he played for Parramatta i would defend him to the hills. Latrell if he was at Parra i would stand by him. It is just how it is. Now doesn't mean we turn a blind eye to bad things if they hurt the club but if they are just bad sports on the field then so be it if they are our players.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Zac Lomax
"🤣🤣"
10 seconds ago
Hell On Eels replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"BringbackSemi, I dunno what's going to happen with Bennett. I didn't see this interview today, but it's interesting what Bennett said about Souths.
"I like their brand, I like them. I've worked with them, I can relate with everybody there, it's an…"
57 seconds ago
Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"I'd take a union coach that showed more in a single tournament than BA has done his whole career. 
Cheika is the man manager type to get the best out of Sivo, Lane and Dylbags. He'll also fix the bullshit defence we've had to put up with for the…"
3 minutes ago
BringBackSemi replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"I'd be shocked if Bennett signed next week with Souths, I really would. If I were him, I'd be waiting to see how the next month pans out for the Eels. If it's bad, he is in a much stronger negotiating position than he currently is in.
Even if he…"
10 minutes ago
More…